“More a hostel than a hotel ” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Ferihegy
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Ulloi Road 809/b, Vecses 2220, Hungary   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Vecses B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“More a hostel than a hotel ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I your really looking for a transit hotel (no more than one night) and your on a very, very tight budget then maybe consider this place
Staff are friendly enough and its clean'ish but it's just has the fell of w hostel
The room I had had three single rock hard beds unit and and old CRT TV with no remote
Breakfast is very basic and cold again very very budget

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Haifa, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been to worse... But there are better places 10 - 20 mins from there (towards the city of Budapest) for the same price.
I came because of good reviews and because it was close to the airport and we landed late 00:30.
Go elsewhere even if you are there for the night. Better deals ahead!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Vecses hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was satisfied with my stay - this is more a 1/2* hotel in UK terms but the room was clean, the staff friendly and the location very convenient for the airport (5 minutes' drive). The room was a bit musty but I slept well and the hotel arranged for a personal shuttle in the morning for my flight. Possibly felt the overall price (around €45 for a single with a one-way transfer) was a bit steep given prices elsewhere in Hungary.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Excellent for transit stay in Budapest, room is clean and bigger than usual, only a small remark is nothing warm at the breakfast buffet,
thanks for hotel shuttle driver who is happily getting you to the hotel whenever you are lost!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Ware, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

I my be spoiled as I had just left a lovely hotel two and a half hours away in the south but: I found the hotel easy enough and yes despite the snow, there was lot, someone was clearing the car park, well done. At reception checkin was quick and simple and the receptionist spoke good English. I was disappointied to find I had to go to the Sarokház Panzió up the road to get a meal, which I review elsewhere. But ok it had stopped snowing so I went. The room was bizzare I was single and only wanted a single as I was actully only there for 7 hours. But it had three single beds in a row with folded towels and a cover. It reminded me of my dormitory in the 1st year at my boarding school.. Room was warm enough (school wasn't) and bed was acceptable. No light at bedside and I had to turn the lights off at the wall! Bathroom acceptable and shampoo was provided but that's all the soap dispenser on the wall was empty..

Breakfast, thank them started at 4 which for an airport hotel was excellent but not the best. All in all as a single traveler it was acceptable however I'm glad my wife wanst there she would have insisted we change !! So I would say acceptable if you either don't mind roughing it, need a hotel very near the airport or looking for a park and stay deal. I may use it again but.......PS staff were nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you have en-suite as not all rooms are, If you need a double chack that too if you arrive...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Drienov
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

Good accomondation for this price.wifi In the room - ok, own parking, very close to the airport, Nice and friendly staff, .....................................................................................................

Stayed January 2015
Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 via mobile

I arrived in the middle of the night, but the reception is 24 h. Not too far from the airport, I got here on the 900bus, the driver was very kind to drop me near. Couldnt find a taxi at the airport. Plenty of breakfast, good coffee, very important! :)

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Hotel Ferihegy? Share your experiences!