“Never, ever, try the restaurant!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown

Save Saved
You added Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown to your Saves list
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Church Road, Tyrrelstown D15, Ireland (Formerly Park Plaza Tyrrelstown)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Tyrrelstown
Killorglin
“Never, ever, try the restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went to the restaurant with some colleagues and it was an absolute shock for me.
I took a burger steack and it was really, really, really smelly. I did not touch it but I have heard that some got nearly sick because of it the day after.
Of course no vegetarian option, no service at the table, a cake that looked like just bough at the Tesco, there was still the plastic receipient under, the the waiter did not know which one he had ("Carbernet, Sauvignon".... Do they learn in the Carlton training that the location matters too?).
Really a big big shock for me. I don't understand how a well known name like that can allow this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer
I am disappointed to read of your experience and would like to apologise for the issues which affected the overall quality of your meal. There are elements of you feedback that I would like to discuss as I have no record of your experience on file or some of the menu items you refer to. Please feel free to contact me at dcurtis@carlton.ie.

Yours Sincerely,

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here recently and the hotel has all you would expect for a conventional hotel-the room was very nice, clean and modern, equipped with the usual tea making facilities, good beds, clean ensuite bathroom nice big shower (no bath). The staff was efficient, and friendly, no problems checking in or out, plenty of parking. Although, when I arrived at 6:30pm the hallway outside the room seemed very messy, cleaning was in progress and many of the rooms had room service trays laid outside doors. I wouldn't expect to be smelling or seeing left over food at that time of the evening and it didn't make a great impression. Other than that the hotel itself, staff, breakfast etc was all very fine. However I have a real peeve about establishments claiming to be some place they are not. I booked the Carlton Hotel, Blanchardstown because I had arranged to meet a friend in Blanchardstown and go shopping in the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. Having driven to Blandchardstown I -unsurprisingly- couldn't find the hotel or anyone who knew where it was. I finally discovered it was in Tyrrelstown as the address states, and made my way there. Just be aware, you won't be walking to Blanchardstown from this hotel! Other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest.

Many thanks for your online review of the hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will have an opportunity to return soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Well done to Minnie at Reception - excellent care and service to us during our stay! Great kids club - good location and great deal including tickets to Tayto Park and National Acquatic Centre! Good family trip all round - well done Carlton.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review which is a pleasure to read. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Carlton and look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Co Down
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel. The hotel had a modern feel and the reception staff that met with us were friendly and courteous. We were provided with options on getting to/from Dublin city centre from the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. We didn't have dinner in the hotel but breakfast was good and plentiful. Only suggestion would be that the continental options could be better, the options for non fried food were a little limited, but I'm sure if we requested alternative the staff would have tried to accommodate us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My hubby and 2 sons 7 and 13 stayed at this hotel on a 2 night package break which included passes to Tayto park,which was great by the way also passes to the national Aquatic center also great.We found it to be a nice Hotel large and spacious.Our room was lovely perfect for the four of us only so disappointed to find our air conditioning not working.To be honest it spoiled the break,It was during the heatwave and we could hardly breathe I went down to reception very early the first morning only to be fobbed off with "we`re working on it" come on we had good weather for a long time it should have been sorted.I got the smallest fan they could find and it was useless.On a brighter note everything else was great.The food was fab, top class and the staff were nice and helpful in the bar and restaurant.The hotel is situated near everything so its a good location if you have a car.Overall id come again but please get a cocktail menu its the holiday season and us mammy`s like being spoilt.

liscannor, co. clare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

our boys are 9 and 10 and just loved our stay at the carlton hotel dublin, we had trips to the zoo, tayto park and aquatic centre, the hotel staff were exceptional, room was clean and tidy on each day return, food was excellent, we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel....

nenagh,co tipperary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hotel would be ideal if u needed to stay near dublin airport,as it is only a ten minute drive away,we did the explore dublin deal,it included passes to tayto park and the national aquatic centre,kids really enjoyed it,staff were lovely,Apool would be a big advantage to this hotel.

Declan Curtis

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!