“Beautiful hotel, some issues (big and small)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown

You added Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown to your Saves list
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Church Road, Tyrrelstown D15, Ireland (Formerly Park Plaza Tyrrelstown)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Beautiful hotel, some issues (big and small)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two days while visiting Dublin. The hotel room where we were placed was beautiful and very spacious, which was greatly appreciated when traveling with two small children. They also made a special effort to check us in early, after an exhausting red eye flight to Dublin. Besides a few issues with service (they wouldn't pick up the phone at the front desk after certain hours when we needed the code to access the internet and the phone in the room would not make external calls, for instance), the real issue was with the room temperature. Not sure if the heat did not work at all or if it was just very low, but even staff didn't know what to make of it and simply opted for providing us with a portable heater, which would've have helped in someway if the room wasn't so big. Bottom line, we had to either wear our jackets inside the room or get below the covers which were warm and helped us stay warm. It was that bad. Being the room as beautiful as it was, I would have traded it in a heartbeat for one less fancy that had the adequate room temperature.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear KariLore,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that overall you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you appreciate the cold snap we experienced was so extreme and unseasonable that it was hard to keep apace with the severe drops in temperature that made it the coldest March ever on record. Rest assured every effort was made including the extra provision of boosting heaters to provide optimum comfort to our guests. I would be delighted to welcome you back if you find you self with occasion to return.

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Nelspruit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Only had one problem and that was to actually make the booking took days and eventually contacting central reservations. Had a lovely stay, rooms are clean,spacious and staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stayed in rooms 322 and 324 and we had no problem with noise except the usual individuals that do no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Yours Sincerely

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything about the place is of a good standard, however, this particular room is affected by noise from the stairwell, the lifts and the ice machine.

I could hear my neighbours every now and then and the heating wasn't working. Annoying during the cold spell we were having at the time.

Room Tip: 310 was beside the stairs, lifts and ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay I thank you for the positive feedback in relation to service and staff. I am sorry to see that not all aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction this is indeed the first indication of any such issues with room 310. We value all feedback as a great means to continuously improve our very high standards of service.

Kind Regards,
Doune, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

lovely hotel, rooms perfect, meals very slow but food was good,staff not the pleasantist,fire alarm went off 6.00am very bad fire communication on wall in photo frame in very small writing had toput on wardrope light to read it, not on back of door in big writing easy to read,left hotel met in front of hotel no members of staff came to tell us anything,some residents said staff told them it was fire in kitchen just go back to rooms,no fire engine to check smoke up 2stories,hotel 5 high and many families in it /wasnt happy with fire arrangements

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wilma,

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown I have passed them on to the team. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Donaghcloney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Reception and bar staff friendly and helpful, however, I found the staff on duty at breakfast were miserable and the service extremely slow. Had lunch and dinner at the hotel, quality and quantity of the food was good, excellent value. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but I might give breakfast a miss.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Linda,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and would consider returning. I have noted your feedback in relation to breakfast & I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed there at the week end ,we found staff were very friendly especially the manager Mr Curtis was very helpful will stay again for sure.there are a lot of hotels in the area but this is the best value and is a fine establishment

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Seany,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Western Ireland, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in January 2013 car park empty hotel had very few guests. Room dirty including carpet and bathroom also bedding ripped. Had to complain about room next door noise coming from it was totally unexceptable. What was odd was the room next door was open earlier in the evening with no occupants. Rather odd as hotel was so empty. When I called to complain was advised by reception they would deal with or move us. Why they would move us as we had settled in for the night I don't know? Anyway noise stopped for a few hours but started up again later, as it was so late I didn't feel I could complain as couldn't face being moved at that hour. I had stayed here in November and had a much better room so was very disappointed. Breakfast was cold, the toaster caught alight ongoing problem according to staff. Overall very disappointing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry to see that not all aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction in this isolated case. We value all feedback as a great means to continuously improve our very high standards of service.

Kind Regards,

Declan Curtis

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!