“Romantic break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown

You added Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown to your Saves list
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Church Road, Tyrrelstown D15, Ireland (Formerly Park Plaza Tyrrelstown)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Cavan Ireland
“Romantic break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Me and my husband spent 2 nights at the hotel and loved everything about it. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a deluxe double and was very spacious, clean and comfortable. We ate in the bar both nights, the food was wonderful !! Couldnt find fault with anything at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Regina M,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
sligo ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Got a great deal in this hotel. The hotel is extremely comfortable and has very nice staff.
It has a gym, a library and comfortable spaces throughout.
It is a bit far from Dublin but it is no problem if you have a car.
We had a nice lunch, a continental breakfast and a very good room for less than what we would pay in the city centre for a non-descript room..
I would well recommend the hotel .
It is also near the Aquatic Centre and the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Luismac,

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the carlton hotel on friday night last and vere very pleased with the room and staff of this hotel.The breakfast was good also.The receptionist Grace was an excellent ambassidor for the hotel and gave a great first impression.She was most helpful and polite again well done and thanks.PF

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlands Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed last night in this hotel as part of a package deal and got a it and a great deal. One nights B&B with two course evening meal for 49 euro. We stayed as a group of ten with two elderly ladies as part of our group. Not one member of our group could not find one fault with this hotel. The hotel itself is new, modern, clean and comfortable. Rooms are spacious clean and comfy. We asked to have our rooms beside each other in a quite area of the hotel which is exactly what we got. Even though we were on a package deal we were treated like first class customers. Our evening meal was beautiful and staff allowed us to chop and change things and pay the extra if we wanted to (so many times I have been on a package deal and made to feel like we were in the cheap seats so to speak but not here) really there is nothing the staff would not do for you. Breakfast was lovely and we all as a group have decided that we will not wait till the end of the year to return to this great value, friendly helpful hotel. Hotel is only ten mins drive from Blanchardstown shopping centre perfect if you want to shop till you drop. The hotel also do a brilliant deal with two nights B&B, evening meal, fee admission into the Aquatic Centre and Tayto park for 99 euro per person so perfect if you have children (there were lots of families there). All in all on behalf of ten women we give this hotel from our experience anyway a huge 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: if you are a family check out the Explorers package for 2 adults and 2 children with tickets for the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Marie C,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of a tour package, so we did not get to pick where we stayed. We chose the 4* option when booking the tour but do not feel that this hotel is worthy of the 4* ranking.

First- if you are in town to see Dublin, this hotel is a good 30 minute drive away. Knowing that, I would have stayed elsewhere, but once again I didn't get a choice other than the star ranking. I fault my tour company for providing very few shuttles to the city. The bus will drop you off right in front of the hotel, but it was a walk to get to the bus stop in Dublin. With all the stops, it took about 45 minutes to get back.

Second- the staff seemed overwhelmed taking care of a full hotel. Breakfast on Friday morning was fine, but Saturday morning was chaotic. Tables were not getting cleared. There were no plates for quite awhile until my husband finally had to ask for one. The fruit bowl was empty the entire time we were there. I know they were busy with tourists in for the football game, but they should have staffed better than they did.

Third- we kept having trouble with our room keys. Our first night, we came back from a night out and neither of our keys worked. We went to the desk and they reset them. We went back up and they still didn't work. They had to let us in using a master key and said they wound figure out the problem and get it fixed within the hour. They called a little while later saying they couldn't get to the maintanence room to fix it and they would take care of it in the morning. We went to the desk the next morning and the staff there knew nothing of our issue. She just gave us new cards and sent us on our way. The cards worked that morning, but once again that evening both our cards didn't work. They did send someone up with us to make sure we could get in, but never told us what they were doing to rectify the situation.

Lastly- I have never stayed at a hotel ever where I ran out of toilet paper. Well here I did. The roll was getting low so I figured housekeeping would leave more when they were in. Nope! By morning we had run out and when we asked for another roll they send someone up with one roll. Apparently the sandpaper they buy for this purpose is very expensive and have to ration carefully. Towels as well since we were only given one washcloth and when it was finally taken away to be washed after our second day, it was not replaced.

So in my opinion I would not recommend this hotel. The rooms and building itself were very nice, but not close to anything and service needs an upgrade.

• Stayed August 2012
Hollister, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

5 of our party of 17, traveling separately, wound up and the Crown Plaza in Blanchardstown). This is because the hotel is really in Tyrrelstown and is a recent acquistion by this chain (used to be the Plaza). This can run into terrible taxi bills. The tour's "dinner on your own night" means you eat in the hotel, unless you want large taxi bills.
Food is good, room is clean but hallway smells of cigarette smoke. One of our party needed a room change because of smell of cigarette smoke in the room. Staff is friendly. I enjoyed the bath tub (with grab bars). Obvious signs of economizing on the choice of toilet paper!
On a tour, didn't try fitness suite or conference rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tullamore, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last week and availed of the Explorers Package for 2 adults and 2 children with tickets for the Aquatic Centre and Tayto Park. We all had a great time and were very impressed with not only the deal we got but the whole experience.

Both the hotel and the staff are lovely and its nice to see that even though managment wear the suits they still have no problem getting stuck in and serving guests coffee etc during a very busy breakfast time!

This hotel is easily accessible to Blanchardstown and Tayto Park. The packed lunch was also quite good and we were very glad of it after our active day! My husband and I also enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal in the restaurant while the 12yr olds indulged in pizza.

All in all for the price we paid it was very well worth it! Would certainly return to this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. Keep an eye on our website for the best possible family deals & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Declan Curtis

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!