“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
galway
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I was travelling alone and stayed in Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, it was a very comfortable stay, staff very friendly, food good, and my room was beautiful.
It was a great experience in comparason to most other airport hotels,
I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for business or pleasure in the Dublin area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed at this Hotel earlier this week and was very impressed with it. I was hosting a meeting at the Hotel the following day and chose this hotel due to location and word of mouth from some colleagues who had recommended it.

I arrived at the Hotel and got an executive room for a very good price. My room was very comfortable and had plenty space to and was well designed for the business traveller with all the amenities you could need. I did not use the restaurant and instead opted for bar food as i had a lot of work to do. I was served by a friendly young lady who enquired if i was enjoying my stay etc normally you wonder do they care but the same girl i met at breakfast the following morning and remembered all. Very impressive and when your travelling on your own its nice to have a friendly chat. My dinner was very nice and i had a special of a mixed seafood platter which i really enjoyed.

I got a good nights sleep and was up early for breakfast the following morning which had plenty of options. I'm not interested in the hot food and found a wide variety for fruits, cereals & yoghurts.

I had a full days meeting at the Hotel with lunch included. My meeting room was set perfectly for me on arrival and i was greeted by the Duty Manager to show me how to use the AV i wouldn't be too good on that stuff so i made things easy for me. I must say i left the Hotel at the end of the day a very satisfied customer from start to finish so thank you to all at the Carlton Dublin airport i will be back and will be recommending you to my colleagues well done.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Due to a very popular sporting event on Sept. 19th in Dublin my friend and I were unable to secure a room at the Carlton hotel dublin ireland airport (we had stayed there on Sept. 10 and also had a reservation for the 20th). The staff made calls and found us a room at a hotel about 25 minutes away. The Carlton Hotel manager Declan Meagher drove us in his own car to the other hotel. I have never in my life experienced that kind of service , as a flight attendant for United Airlines I travel all over the world so I have had plenty of hotel experiences. Thank you so much to all the wonderful staff at the Carlton hotel Dublin airport and especially to Mr. Meagher

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
CartlonGM, General Manager at Carlton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Dear Mary

Thank you for your kind review in relation to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am delighted to have been of service to you both last weekend and welcome the opportunity to see you back in the hotel again in the future.

Best Regards

Kenmare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We spent 2 nights with our 14 month old son this week. We wanted to bring him to the zoo and also do some shopping at IKEA. Our checkin was easy and the staff were very friendly and efficient. Our room was on the first floor and the cot for our soon was all setup once we opened the door of our room. The room was large and clean. the breakfast in the reataurant was excellent with a selection of cold and hot buffet. the staff were very helpful especially with heating up our littlw boys breakfast and also entertaining him. i would highly recomend to people and We will definitely be returning for another visit.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your online review in relation to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am delighted you had an enjoyable experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Best regards

Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Advertised with air cconditioning....not our room. Very noisy and the restaurant was less than standard. The food is substandard.

The best part of this hotel is the bus driver to and from the airport! A real prince!

You pay to print a boarding pass!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CartlonGM, General Manager at Carlton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review in relation to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am sorry to read of your disatisfaction and would like to apologise for our shortcomings to you on this occasion. I am very grateful for the feedback which you have provided and assure you that I will undertake a full investigation into the issue which you have raised. As a member of the Carlton Hotel Group in Ireland we place great emphasis on providing a high quality food offering to all our guests and once again I am sorry that your experience was not indicative of this. I am grateful for your comments about our bus driver and will ensure he is made aware of this.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of weloming you back to the hotel again in the future and would ask you to contact me personally in the event that I can offer any assistance with a reservation.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed in the Carlton twice for convenience ( Dublin airport) and we were very impressed with the standard for the price. The first visit on a Sunday night went without a hitch, the following Friday however there was a 21st birthday party. I cannot understand why an "airport" hotel throws weddings and 21st parties that create such noise when tired travellers are trying to get some sleep!! Yes, they will make a quick buck from the bar but their reputation as a good quiet place to stay before and after you land in Dublin will ultimately suffer. This is a pity as its a lovely hotel, spotlessly clean, good breakfast, excellent value, and has comfortable well furnished rooms and the staff looked after us.

My opinion of the hotel was redeemed by a very apologetic manager who we complained to the next morning. Ms O Dwyer gave us a very generous refund by way of compensation for having our sleep interrupted by booming music until 1:30 am and a fire alarm sounding at 4am! As a result of this and bearing in mind the other positive aspects of the stay, I would stay here again but I will asking if there are any functions scheduled for during my stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review relating to Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. I am very grateful for your feedback as this enables us to improve the level of service we provide to all our guests. I would like to apologise for our shortcomings to you on the occasion of your stay and am pleased that my Duty Manager was in a position to deal with the matter in a positive way upon checkout.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future and would ask you to contact me directly if I can offer any assistance with your reservation or any other matter.

Wexford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I recently had a meeting to attend too in Dublin and i spent 2 nights in this fablous hotel.
It was my first visit to the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport and i was very impressed with the rooms, how clean, spacious and modern and most of all comfortable.And got a great nights sleep before my meeting in the City next day which makes all difference as it was so peaceful and quite, no noise from traffic or overhead planes could be heared, as i stayed in hotels before near Airports and noise was pretty bad. A good night sleep makes all difference for meeting next day which i had thanks to the Carlton.

Food and Service was excellent and the staff were so helpful and pleasent. I also particulary liked the complimentary shuttle bus to and from the Airport which is so puntual and convenient, and also if you have a car there is free car parking which you don't see in Dublin too often.
The last comment i would like to make is how claim and relaxting atmosphere the Carlton Hotel gives when you walk in the doors after a hetic day in the city or from a meeting, you can relax and wind down. I look forward to my next trip to Dublin which is soon and staying with the Carlton again and will recommend to my fellow travellers.

Dear Guest

thank you for your recent online review relating to the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. i am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience with us at the hotel and I am very grateful for your comments relating to our facilities and service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!