“Brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
ireland
“Brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Recently stayed at Dunboyne castle for one night for a getaway. Brilliant hotel, lovely big room and view. The seiod spa is top of the range with lots of facilities and choice. The only thing that I did not like was the Ivy restaurant dinner menu did not have alot of choice and variety. However the breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear seanmo14

It was lovely to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

Thank you for your kind feedback about your room, we pride ourselves with a reputation for high standards of housekeeping and comfort, it is great to hear that this has been experienced by you.

Your kind words on our spa facilities are much appreciated. Seoid Spa is a true oasis for relaxation and rejuvenation and also offers one of Ireland's most extensive thermal treatment facilities.

Although I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our breakfast offering, I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with The Ivy menu selection.
I will raise your feedback with our head chef and his team to discuss your comments further.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you once again for your review.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Elisabet Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Overnight stay whilst attending racing at the nearby Fairyhouse course and evening entertainment at Tattersalls Ireland. Even though I arrived before the rooms where available I was checked in and was able to use all the hire facilities. The food I had at the hotel for lunch and breakfast was good and I was given a room upgrade without asking for one. The location was handy for Dublin airport both by public transport and taxi.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ambrosian2016
Thank you for posting your wonderful review of Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.
We are delighted your enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to experience a day at Fairyhouse Races, which is one of the most popular racing venues in Ireland.
I am pleased to see that you were happy with our offer of a complimentary upgrade. Additionally, it is great to hear that our front office team were able to assist you with an early check in. I am delighted you enjoyed our culinary delights at breakfast and lunch.
Our location is indeed ideal as we are conveniently located close to the border of Meath and Dublin and close to all the local amenities such as Fairyhouse and Tattersalls.
We are also very fortunate to be in an area that is extremely well serviced by public transport including bus and rail.
On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was a surprise! A beautiful hotel just outside Dublin built around an old castle style period dwelling. Lovely rooms, great spa with outside jacuzzi. It is within walking distance of Dunboyne village. Staff very friendly and helpful. We also had a lovely breakfast. It is also about 15 mins drive by the back roads to Luttrelstown Castle Golf Club which is worth playing if you are into golf.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear elsieCork

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant time with us.

As you mentioned we are conveniently located close to the border of Meath and Dublin, we also have the added benefit of being central to a host of amenities that the village has to offer.

I am delighted to hear that you took some time out to avail of our spa facilities. Seoid Spa proves to be a real treat for our guests and I do hope you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

Your feedback on our staff members is much appreciated and I will ensure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

Finally on behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed for five days as a group from Lincolnshire, and although the hotel was very busy the staff coped with us very well with interesting menus, fantastic bread, large comfortable room and two bars with friendly bar tenders. There was a large wedding, bicycle teams from New Zealand, Canada, Germany etc getting ready for a road race and finally a wake--all part of the atmosphere and we had an interesting chat in the bar with one of the family who was attending this wake.
It is easy to get to Dublin from here as the Dart line has a station in Dunboyne.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear sandr44

Thank you for your kind and detailed review of your recent visit to Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa.

The team and I are delighted to hear that both you and your group had a very enjoyable time.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, including our large comfortable rooms, menu choices and indeed our friendly staff.
The weekend in question we had many functions on- going throughout the hotel. Over the years, we have built up a long standing reputation for fine cuisine and personal service which we believe, go hand in hand in making our hotel the perfect choice whatever the occasion, whether it be a family function, christening, communion, 21st Birthday Party, Christmas Party night etc.
As you mentioned, we are very fortunate to be in an area that is extremely well serviced by public transport including bus and rail. Additionally, our unique idyllic setting creates the allure of a country resort yet we are located just 20 minutes from Dublin city centre.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your recommendation and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

One night break in May 2014 with a group of friends, we all had a brilliant time. Afternoon tea followed by use of the thermal suite, cocktail making class (thanks Bobby - we all loved it!), dinner in the Ivy restaurant, drinks in the bar and overnight stay followed by breakfast. All staff were very helpful, good value, lovely hotel, would definitely visit again and have already recommended it to several friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear nmh63

Thank you so much for posting a review of your very recent stay in Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa and indeed for your recommendation.
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your time spent with us, we're particularly proud of our very popular restaurant, The Ivy and indeed Seoid Spa, it's great to learn that you appreciated these too.

I am delighted to hear that you took some time out to avail of some Afternoon Tea, I do hope that you enjoyed the delicious assortment of pastries and cakes that was on offer.

Finally thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding our staff. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that our team give our guests such a memorable experience and I am happy to hear that all your needs were accommodated.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

It is the second time to stay here recently and both times service was awful. It is such a shame because it is a beautiful hotel with a very convenient location. The lobby is bright and airy and modern and the rooms are lovely and high quality. The swimming pool and spa area is also very nice - has an outdoor hot tub too. However, when it comes to service it lets the hotel down. We went for lunch on arrival and waited an hour for lunch, only to have one order wrong. The person with the wrong order ate alone after the other two had finished their lunches. At Dinner time it was the same thing three of us ordered food and the order was wrong for one of us, the other two ate our food and finished, twenty minutes later the incorrect order finally came out. We were questioned more than once and implied it was our fault they had sent the wrong order - for this mistake we did receive the one meal and one drink complimentary which I would expect. The standard of the food was awful - like it had been sitting in the kitchen all night. Breakfast the next morning was the same waited 15minutes for eggs only to be told they had been given to someone else - boiled eggs then arrived with no egg cup?! It seems there is no system in place - as I said I really like the look of the hotel and the facility it has to offer but don't expect good service or good food!!

Dear HappyTravellerIre

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent experience at Dunboyne Caste Hotel & Spa.
May I also take this opportunity to thank you for your repeat and valued custom.

I am happy to hear that you were happy with the hotel and the facilities on offer including the hydro therapy pool and outdoor hot tub.

However I am disappointed to read that you experienced some shortcomings on your recent visit. I regret that you received poor service from our bar team on both occasions.
I sincerely apologise for the delay you encountered and for the incorrect orders you received. It is disheartening to hear that we seem to have some issues in an specific department. This is obviously unacceptable and I will be investigating this matter further with our management team to ensure that these issues will be re-solved promptly.

Please know that your constructive feedback regarding our food offering is important and taken to heart. We take great pride in consistently delivering excellent food for all of our guests. It is disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not reach your expectations. Please be assured I will be raising your comments with our executive head chef and his team to discuss in detail.

Once again my sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is renowned for.

Finally I do hope you will consider another visit to us so that we may have the opportunity to rectify this experience which does not match the usual Dunboyne Castle Hotel Welcome.

Best Wishes
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed for a few days during my nephew's wedding in march 2014. Great ambiance and customer care.
The price was just perfect for a a couple visiting from Uganda.
I think this place would be great for a family retreat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jean_Marc_travels

Thank you for sending in such a lovely review. Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience while attending your nephew’s wedding. We take great pride in providing a warm and friendly service, it is great to hear that this was experienced by you.

It was lovely to also read that you found the hotel to be good value for money, we aim to offer excellent value for money, we regularly run special offers as we endeavour to create a variety of breaks to suit all budgets.

On behalf of everyone here, sincere thanks once again for your kind comments and I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Elisabet Diaz

Been to Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!