We stayed overnight before flying to the USA from Dublin on a B&B basis with "free" use of the thermal suite.
Most of this much vaunted thermal suite was out of order and frankly rather grubby, but we did get it to ourselves!
At dinner we chose the "all day" earlybird menu.
There were only about three other tables being used in the massive dining room. Perhaps this should have told us something! Only two of the three main course options were available, the chicken being off. The lamb dish was perhaps the worst thing I have ever paid for in many years! Tough, overcooked, tasteless and sawdust like. The Salmon option was no better. We chose to skip dessert and walk to the shops for an ice cream!
The upstairs bar was "closed" so the few customers were told to to downstairs to the alternative bar. The bar staff then had to go to the upstairs bar to get the drinks!
Breakfast was equally as poor as the previous nights dinner. The final straw was the attempt to short change me upon check out!
However cheap the deal is, this place is just not worth it
- Also Known As:
- Dunboyne Castle Hotel And
- Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Dunboyne
- Dunboyne Castle
- Dunboyne Castle Hotel
- Dunboyne Castle Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from Dublin and easily accessible from Dublin Airport, the award-winning four star Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is one of Ireland’s finest hotels, set on 21 acres of picturesque tree-lined grounds. With modern architectural design complementing the beautiful décor of the original Dunboyne House, Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa provides a luxurious escape in the tranquil Dunboyne Village, yet close to all the attractions Dublin City offers. Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa’s restaurant, The Ivy which has been awarded two AA Rosettes for culinary excellence offers an exceptional dining experience of simple, yet delicious Irish cuisine using top local and seasonal ingredients. Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s light-filled Terrace Lounge, overlooking extensive gardens, where the perfect Afternoon Tea and lighter refreshments are served. Popular with both locals and guests alike, the hotel’s Sadlier Bar is the perfect spot for socalising and enjoying a famous Irish pint. A real treat for guests, Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is also home to the hotel's award-winning Seoíd Spa. The Spa is set over three floors with one of Ireland's most extensive thermal treatment facilities. A real treat for visitors, Seoid Spa and its expert spa team provide a wide range of luxurious relaxing and rejuvenating treatment experiences. Treatments available include bespoke facials, specialised massage, Rasul Chambers, Dry Flotation, Balneotherapy and deluxe Hydrotherapy Pool. Renowned for its friendly service, Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa places a real emphasis on excellent service and providing guests with a memorable stay. The hotel offers luxurious modern guest rooms, fabulous Suites with floor-to-ceiling views across the hotel’s spectacular gardens, and the exclusive Syndola Suite, the only suite in Dunboyne House, spanning the entire top floor. Complimentary parking and WiFi is also provided for guests. Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa is a very popular destination for meetings and conferences, with its excellent location and extensive meeting and conference facilities, all equipped with the highest technological specifications. All meeting rooms are located near the hotel’s fully equipped Business Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.