After testing Tunisia, Crete and Majorque the years before, we decided to go to Croatia and were very pleased of our choice. This hotel-club was certainly the best of all four locations. It offers plenty of everything. Plenty of space in the room: we had a very large family room divided in three parts: 2 bedrooms and a living room, which was very convenient as we were traveling with a teenager. Plenty of room in the restaurant as well. It was never a problem to find a table. There was plenty of good food at each meal, with specialty food (Istrian, Italian, ...) from time to time and a gala dinner on Thursdays. There are 2 smaller restaurants where you can have dinner with a simple reservation, one with a grill and the second one for seafood. Plenty of animation, with a show every evening after dinner and a special on Thursdays closed with high-level fireworks. Even though we didn’t try it, the kids seemed to love their Maro club where they were offered plenty of activities. We rather used the facilities offered in the hotel (ping pong, tennis, ...), nautical sports such as wind surfing or simply the beach. The offer was so large we could not test everything and never got bored. On the beach, it is always possible to get a place to stay, even if you arrive at 2:00pm after lunch. Same at the swimming pools. They have 3: one shallow for younger kids away from the others, which is certainly safer, a big one where all sorts of activities and games are organized and a third one more quiet for those who simply want to sleep or read. Istria offers a good deal of nice visit possibilities in addition with small cities such as Porec, Rovinj or further away, Pula. Last but not least, there are plenty of very nice and caring staff to take care of everything: reception, animation, sports, Maro club, restaurant, cleaning and maintenance. You feel their first objective is to have you relax and enjoy your holidays, then make money out of it. Something we appreciated as well, the whole property is perfectly maintained and cleaned, whether in the bedroom or in common grounds such as the restaurant, the pool or even the gardens. The general manager looks quite involved in his job and very successful. In summary, we had the best holiday ever and I will try to go back there sometime in the future. 100% final mark!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Valamar Club Tamaris hotel, one of the accommodation choices within the resort, is a firm family favourite located on the scenic Lanterna peninsula, only 10 minutes drive from the historic centre of Porec and surrounded by pine trees and seemingly endless beaches. Its contemporary designed and fully equipped rooms and suites offer a perfect balance of elegance, kid-friendliness and relaxed Mediterranean flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Valamar Club Tamaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valamar Club Tamaris Hotel Tar
- Valamar Hotel Porec
- Valamar Hotel Tamaris
- Valamar Club Tamaris Croatia/Tar