“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Punta bb, Splitska, Brac Island 21410 , Croatia   |
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have just spent a wonderful week here as a family of 5 - two adults and three kids. The location is excellent - set up on a hill in the quiet village of splitska; a short walk from the shop, the cafes and the sea. The swimming pool is fantastic - large; very well appointed; the water warm; and with a spa area/ jacuzzi etc next to it which the kids loved; and views out over the blue adriatic to the mountains on the mainland. We had a ground floor apartment in the block - there are about 6 all told sharing the facilities. The apartment was very clean, modern, well equipped - with our own private, shady outside space, perfect for breakfasts (although being ground floor, we had no views - i think the higher ones probably have great views). We paid cash as per the booking instructions and had no problems. The owners are extremely helpful and friendly - even arranged a day out sailing for us with a contact in the next village. Brac is great for families - very little traffic; the villages are all well-preserved from any large modern developments; the climate is a steady 25-30C but with a breeze that stops it becoming unbearable. Do the walk to Postira along the old coast road and you will find many bathing spots. The beaches are mostly rock, not sand - but actually this has its upsides - you can lounge on a warm rock; then plop straight into the sea... and you don't get sand in your clothes or picnic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Southend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I thought long and hard before booking this place due to their being only 1 previous review and it being less than favourable. All I can say is that I am delighted that I took the decision to go ahead. I have been travelling for many years and this is one of the nicest, friendliest and relaxing places that I have stayed in.

We were a group of 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 and 8. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment with a balcony. The size was good and the overall layout impressive. The pool area was super with a large, clean pool with plenty of sun loungers and space. The villa is located near to a very pretty village, which is walkable although driving is also an option. There are 3 - 4 bars/restuarants, a supermarket and 2 beaches in the centre.

The owners of Villa Keti were extremely helpful and friendly. Nothing seemed too much trouble and if you wanted fresh towels, use of the BBQ or advice, it was all done quickly with no hassle at all. We had read the T&C, so knew that we would have to pay on arrival in cash - this seems to be fairly common in Croatia as we stayed in 3 other places on this same trip and 2 had a similar policy. It was fine.

The island of Brac is beautiful and easily accessible from Split. Villa Keti is only a 10 min drive from Supetar which is where the Split ferry arrives on Brac. I would thorughly recommend this place. The Spa area looked to be ready and nice. Its services were offered to us but we did not use it, so cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: Room with balcony and sea view - ideal for the morning breakfast
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Set in the beautiful village of Splitska on Brac with the most wonderful sea views, Villa Keti certainly ticks all the right boxes on location. Its facilities don't disappoint either. Our apartment was spacious, modern, clean and well-equipped. The pool is a good size and, although we didn't use the gym, sauna etc during our own stay, it's nice to have that option. There is also a great BBQ area available and on request, the BBQ is lit and ready for you to cook your food whenever you want it. The owners could not have been more helpful. Really nothing is too much trouble for them. They really go that extra mile for you. For example, when I needed a charger for my Kindle, not only did they find me one but offered to let me keep it. If you need something, then you truly only need to ask. The owners' friendly welcome made our stay with them extra special and we would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Budapest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The place looks nice on the photos, this is why we booked it. However I have not found any reviews on Tripadvisor or other sites, as it is new. We were glad to realize the nice furniture and equipments as we arrived. So we decided to extend our stay from 2 days to 9. It was mistake. The difficulties started with the payment: they wanted us to pay the full amount in advance. First the owner wanted cash, then he offered card payment. It was more comfortable for us, so we accepted. Then the next day he showed up again, and he wanted us to pay the checkout fee (POS transaction fee) which is his cost everywhere in the world!! It never ever happened to me, but as we were to stay another 8 days and we paid already, so we offered to share this cost, to avoid furtehr conflicts. He did not accept it, he wanted to cancel the payment transaction and to let us pay in cash. So we cancelled the transaction and I was waiting to get the money back on my account, it did not arrive. The owner was intrusive and arrogant, and he wanted us to pay in cash to make sure he receives the money, maybe twice. Finally the amount arrived on my account and I transfered the money on his personal account (not company bank account!).
During the 9 days they cleaned our apartment only once and changed our towels and bedding once, as I asked them to do so (cleaning is included in the price!). Then I did not ask more, I did it myself.
The shower cabin was incorrectly built, so it was heavily leaking every time we had a shower. I cleaned it myself!!!!
All in all the owners are totally inexperienced and unfair with the payment, unfortunately it poisoned our vacation .
Spa and fitness room is not ready, despite it is listed among their services.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
vilaketi, Director of Sales at Villa Keti, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear reviewer ,Please find answer below from booking.com regarding run away without settling the bill. No one will extend stay for 7 days if all bad as explained in your review? Extended stay was not mistake but noted oportunity to use hospitality from people who allowed you to stay in properties without valid credit card. As good owner they trust ,that bill will be settle after 10 days stay but same not happen.

We wish you all the best.

Dear all,

I'm sorry for embarrassing situations with guests.
In case of problems with guests, please contact us immediately the future of customer care
that can help guests to better explain the situation to his language.

Booking.com can not affect the guests to be fair and correct to the hotel but in this case, you can help solve the situation on the spot, because when the customer goes unfortunately we can not do anything further. Billing services shall be exclusively yours.

If you have the possibility to charge the credit card valid account, you as the hotel reserves the right to charge the same for the service.
Best Regards Booking.com

Been to Villa Keti? Share your experiences!