“Boundary Hotel - there is no better service than this!” 5 of 5 stars

Boundary Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Cardigan Road, Headingley, Leeds LS6 3AG, England   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Headingley
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Boundary Hotel - there is no better service than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at The Boundary last night, on a visit to Leeds for an interview and have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would stay there again.

I was booked into the Bronte room, equipped with book shelf full of Bronte literature, as well as a delightful four-poster bed. The ensuite bathroom was clean and nice to use, as well as the shower facility within.

The staff here are second to none. The manager was just excellent and provided a standard of service, not personally experienced in other hotels of a much higher price. The other staff I came across, such as the chef who brought my delicious breakfast to me and the cleaning staff, were also really lovely.

The room was great, comfortable and clean and the spectrum of staff, a pleasure to be around.

I recommend this place to those on a budget and for people that value genuine excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Chose the Bronte room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had to stay here as we were in headingley for the night and was very last minute. Would not recommend it. The rooms hadnt been painted in YEARS, they were dirty. The floors, the skirting, the walls etc. The bathroom floor was disgusting, the shower seal was coming off the wall and shower. The toilet seat was chipped. Was horrible. The only good thing was that the one member of staff I met was very pleasant

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I tried to leave this same review on hol.co.uk but it was moderated by the hotel

In fairness, the hotel was really close to my friend's wedding, handy for both train and bus, and cost £26 for a single room, so I wasn't expecting miracles. The room also had a flat screen tv, a sink in the room and a kettle/tea/coffee. Not bad for cheap.

On the downside, staff were hard to find, when I arrived at 2.30pm the room hadn't been cleaned, so I got changed quickly and left my bags- when I returned after the wedding the rubbish left by the previous occupant was still there. Under the bed was very dusty (lots of sneezing and a stuffy nose didn't help sleep) and the mattress was more metal work than mattress. It was wrapped in a thermal pad which didn't help the mattress, but did make for a hot night in a room with a small window. I was awake every 20-30 mins despite being wrecked and having had some alcohol! I didn't get a bath towel only a small towel. I went for breakfast (i hadn't booked it but there was the option to buy it) but there were no staff at reception to ask. During breakfast the reception guy came into the dining room to loudly inform me to pay. I had no intention of nicking your breakfast! I was there for 20 minutes, overnight and about an hour in the morning so maybe I picked all the busy times and missed the staff. Who knows? However all the staff appeared unhappy and overstretched.

In retrospect a night's sleep is worth paying extra for. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Epworth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Outdated, smelling of chip oil and cigarettes, saggin matress, noisy, including early morning chat show, in our case hosted by 2 ladies exchanging views of their night out which were not all positive and the tonality and volume mirrored this. the double bed was 3/4 bed. We left just after 7a.m. as the early morning chat show which had commenced at 04.45 appeared to be never ending.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Was in Leeds for 1 night Saturday 19/11/2011 - was in Leeds for a mates stag do and as the price was pretty cheap and the hotel looked fine, so I recommended it to the the other lads too who also booked rooms. Room was basic but clean and tidy. Didn't have an ensuite - was a shared shower room on a corridor - but again clean and tidy, powerful shower. All that I needed really. The hotel had a bar downstairs and a pool table which was used by us all before hitting the town! Slept very soundly though the large amount of alcohol drank probably helped. Checked out without fuss the next day. One complaint - they really should have an iron and ironing board available to use - not really good enough not to have one! Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Booked a triple room for ourselves and our daughter. We weren't expecting palatial. However, it was dingy, in the basement, two small windows just above street level, very basic facilities, one overhead and no reading lights, bathroom shared with countless others, nowhere in the bathroom to hang anything or put rubbish, people left wet towels on the floor, next door room occupied by a barking (and smelly) dog for one night of our stay, was like a hostel but not hostel prices. Could not recommend.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, don't stay in the basement and don't share a bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I first stayed here in December 2011 to take up my new job here in Leeds.

I have been here for 5 months now and have had a great experience, where i felt the place was my second home.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and would always go out of their way to make sure my stay was 100% - I often looked forward to just getting back to my room after a long day at the office.

the food here was excellent, courtesy of Dave (Chef as he likes to be called) and John - with huge portions too !

The rooms themselves were always kept in an excellent state of cleanliness - and very comfortable too. All the amenities too - from the tea & coffee maker, super biscuits and a side dish of sweets ! Decent television in all the rooms.

I never had a single problem in staying hear all this time. I will also miss all the individual members of staff, each one adding their own flavour of fun to the experience.

I am sad this morning as I am now in the office and will always remember the hospitality I enjoyed there. Good luck you guys - and thankyou for everything (From Ian Currie)

Room Tip: Just tell them what you need - and they will no doubt accomodate you !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
MarkLowther, Owner at Boundary Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review Ian, really can't believe its been 5 months since you arrived. We all wish you every success in your new job and will miss the frequent chats about the most random of stories!! - From Hendix to steam trains!!

Stay in touch!!

Kind regards and best wishes Mark and the team at the Butlers

Been to Boundary Hotel? Share your experiences!