“Not like any other devere I stayed in!” 2 of 5 stars

Village Urban Resort Leeds North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   186 Otley Road, Headingley, Leeds LS16 5PR, England   |
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Headingley
Chester, United Kingdom
“Not like any other devere I stayed in!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here will doing training in Leeds City centre. All I can say is reception team looked like they wanted to be somewhere else! Not helpful even when ringing up it book. The rooms are like no other devere I have stayed in. Undated isn't the word. Bathroom wasn't modern or clean from moulding tiles! The room was so small and sharing with a colleague there wasn't enough room the swing a cat! The hair dryer in the draw was awful like something you'd get in a hostel!!! The pillow case had a black mark on it when we arrived in the room only small but the pillow case wasn't changed the three night we stayed so if there not changing the sheets what else aren't they doing. Otherwise the facilities was lovely one of the best facilities I have seen in the devere industry felt like I was in a proper sports centre. The pool was lovely and sauna steam room and jacuzzi was a luxury even the sunbeds! The food at vinny and vino was okay we both order the chocolate nemius cake as it's a well known devere pudding and can grantee it was different each night defiantly not the same cake disappointment. Kevin on the other hand was amazing, also a young lad with mousey brown hair asking if want Parmesan after each course was served. The spa looked amazing but unfortunately we were unable to use as when we went to book the receptionist who was on her mobile phone when we arrived at the desk said the spa shut at 7pm when it stated that the spa was open till 8pm if I have to come to Leeds again for work I'll be trying the de vere south cause this hotel wasn't up to scratch

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Letchworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here yesterday along with other people i work with, it was booked through work, i have stayed here several times before and everytime it has been a pleasure, the rooms are a good size and are very clean, depending which room you get it can be quite a long walk from the lift to your room, other than that it is great, the bar has a good range of drinks and the food is excellent, there is a Gym and swimming pool there too, the service is good, checking in and out is painless,

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed previously and once again it met our expectations. 6 couples went with the men playing squash during the day & the ladies shopping in Leeds. Excellent sports facilities width an improved dinning room & breakfast was very good, did not use the restaurant at night as we went out into Leeds city centre for our evening meal. Stayed in a king size room which was large, clean & comfortable. Only disappointment was that they had run out of chicken wings in the victory pub in the middle of the afternoon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Holt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at De Vere for two nights as was involved with a sports event at Leeds university. If you are looking for a hotel near Leeds university, De Vere is great as the Weetwood fields are only 2 minutes down the road.

The hotel itself was fine. My room was spacious and the bathroom was clean and reasonably sized. The room at time was stuffy as a lack of air conditioning but they do provide you with a fan in the wardrobe so that wasn't so much of a problem.

I didn't get a chance to use the leisure facilities but the pool looks very big and very nice. The breakfast was very nice with lots of selection and the food being cooked to a good standard also the staff were very helpful. The Starbucks was very nice and is the same standard as any Starbucks I know.

All in all, De Vere is a very good hotel. It has great facilities, the rooms are spacious, if a little stuffy, and the food is good. I would definitely recommend and hope to return in the future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

After been at a friend's wedding we found when we returned to the hotel they had overbooked and we had no room to stay. We had already tried to check in in the morning and was told our room would be ready and available in half an hour!! So why when they knew we were there and had already paid for the room a month before did they decide to just suddenly give it away, the answer to this was.... all hotels overbook rooms??!!! We were given the opportunity to stop in another hotel but not in Leeds..... in Harrogate miles away. We turned this down!! So after complaining we were given a full refund and told we would receive a complimentary stay for the inconvenience........... we are still waiting for this e-mail!!! We have stayed in many hotels and this has by far been the worse, never have we experienced a situation like this. Only book here if you have a back up to stay elsewhere!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melksham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our daughter is in Halls of Residence at Headingley and this is the nearest good quality hotel to base yourself for a visit (less than a mile from Headingley). We were very surprised at the standard of the hotel. The bedrooms were excellent - very comfortable and clean. The pillows were amazingly comfortable! Breakfast was good and the swimming pool looked superb - sadly we didn't have time to use it but will do when we return. Ample parking on site and despite the hotel being very busy, I still found a space. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, and don't forget to take your swimming gear!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Recently me and my family stayed at this hotel, after my brother had block booked a number of rooms, for family, friends and himself and his bride after his wedding. On request of a conformation email or letter he was subsequently told that the staff could confirm the room over the phone, and there was no need for a letter or email. Now, I will give this hotel credit where credit is due, the rooms were lovely, large, clean and well presented. The facilities, i.e the pool bar and reception were beautiful. However, we did book a table in their Italian restaurant for 8pm. We arrived promptly at 8pm after a long day of travelling, the restaurant was moderately busy, but there were plenty of free tables. We ordered our starters around 8:15pm, however, once an hour went by there were still no starters, no explanation or apology for our wait. However, when we did ask the waitress she was polite and friendly. After nearly two hours our mains arrived, and the food was average, small portions, and very over priced for what we received. But this I could over look. It wasn't until arriving at the hotel just past midnight on our second night after my brothers wedding, himself and his bride, best man, and bridesmaids went to check in. Only to be told their rooms were given away. The bride, understandably was in tears, and my brother extremely frustrated as he was told in good faith the rooms would be held for them, they refused to send him an email or letter conformation, and there was never a reason why they wouldn't get their rooms, never mind them being given away! The hotel offered them their taxi fare home and a cheap bottle of Cava as compensation. As you can imagine the party were very upset. Luckily they live in Leeds, but I can't help but wonder what may have happened if they didn't? Or if any of the guests which had travelled from across the country were told they couldn't stay either? I did complain again in the morning, and they claimed they had taken the contact details of my brother and his wife to apologise and compensate them. Yet when I asked to double check they had the right details, they in fact did not have them at all. I left their contact details with them again, and three days later, my brother and his wife have yet to hear anything. Also in the morning another of my brothers went to check out, and although he paid on check in there was apparently a 'misunderstanding' and he had to pay for another night, although the staff on shift on his arrival told him he had paid the full amount. The hotel itself was lovely, the breakfast was good and the staff were friendly, I feel our party were treated very poorly, especially the considering the bride and grooms room was given away, just poor practice and poor customer service in my eyes, especially considering the hotel were fully aware it was for a bridal party. We certainly will not be staying in a Village hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Village Urban Resort Leeds North? Share your experiences!