“Wonderful meal at reasonable prices.” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1863 766111
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award winning Highland restaurant serving local ingredients in contemporary dishes. Organic wines, North Highland whiskies and Cairngorm beers, unpretentious food and a true Highland welcome.
Perth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal at reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Just back from an exhausting days hillwalking and looking for food. Another place I rang said they were fully booked and I came here by chance. Food is top quality and you would probably pay a lot more for this standard in a city. The soufflé was outstanding. Spiced Italian sausage very tasty and the lemon brûlée also good. Service also friendly and welcoming. Definitely recommend to any one looking for good food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Team dinner (c20 people) as a part of overnight stop on charity cycle ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

An excellent dinner - the staff were very helpful and had our pre-ordered dinner completely under control ...down to being able to remind who had ordered what. The food was good, innovative and just what we needed. I had the cheese souffle with chilli, an excellent choice, followed by steak and baked cheesecake. Thanks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Another fab meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned from another golf trip to Dornoch area and revisited Crannag Bistro. Once again the food did not disappoint - not what you expect in (with all due expect to the beautiful town) Bonar Bridge, literally in middle of no where. Food was very fresh with fun variety in the menu. I had a very crisp and tasty starter of onion bhagi and confit of duck for the main course. It is a bit of a drive if you are staying in Dornoch but well worth your trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great food and fab service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was in a group of cyclists travelling from Thurso to Aberdeen on a charity ride and we ate here one night. Food was terrific and the service exemplary especially given that the Crannag team was managing c.20 of us! Well done and thanks for a great night!

Visited May 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was exactly what my partner and I needed after a tough day of hill-climbing!

The menu, simple and uncomplicated. For starters, I had the pork terrine with chilli jam and oatcakes. My partner had the twice baked souffle (it was so good, that I wished I had ordered it too). Nevertheless, both starters were excellent. For mains I had the beef burger and my partner had the unconventional mutton cassoulet. All of which was not only divine, but was made entirely from locally sourced ingredients.

Oh and the dessert of course, date and pecan pudding. Woof! I'd definitely recommend this place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere