“Great food and fab service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Award winning Highland restaurant serving local ingredients in contemporary dishes. Organic wines, North Highland whiskies and Cairngorm beers, unpretentious food and a true Highland welcome.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great food and fab service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was in a group of cyclists travelling from Thurso to Aberdeen on a charity ride and we ate here one night. Food was terrific and the service exemplary especially given that the Crannag team was managing c.20 of us! Well done and thanks for a great night!

Visited May 2013

95% Recommend
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was exactly what my partner and I needed after a tough day of hill-climbing!

The menu, simple and uncomplicated. For starters, I had the pork terrine with chilli jam and oatcakes. My partner had the twice baked souffle (it was so good, that I wished I had ordered it too). Nevertheless, both starters were excellent. For mains I had the beef burger and my partner had the unconventional mutton cassoulet. All of which was not only divine, but was made entirely from locally sourced ingredients.

Oh and the dessert of course, date and pecan pudding. Woof! I'd definitely recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Inverness
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food and excellent, friendly service - couldn't have been better and hope to return with more time to spare!

Visited March 2013
Highland
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Took two friends here on 23rd May. Excellent all round. Very reasonably
priced too. Great locally sourced food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Crannag Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had the most lovely meal at the Crannag Bistro. It was early in the season and so we were the only couple there. Nothing was too much trouble.The food was beautifully cooked and my husband had an unusual cut of steak, whilst I had venison, both were excellent. Ian is an excellent host. It is worth coming out of your way to sample this place.

• Visited April 2013