We spent two nights at Old Swan and Minster Mill on our mini honeymoon. From the booking of our riverside special room to our departure at the end of the weekend, we were spoilt.
The rooms are compact yet luxurious, with fluffy towels, dressing gowns and sumptuous bed linen. Plus a few extras; sloe gin, supplies of fresh berries, marshmallows for roasting in the fire pit. (A note to management, please mention the fire pit in your publicity, one of our fondest memories was star gazing whilst warming ourselves by a roaring fire!)
The food is also a real bonus, the breakfasts were filling with a wide choice of continental to full ycooked, with freshly collected eggs that morning. Amazing coloured yolks, thanks to the hens! The food of an evening in the restaurant was superb and I had to be rolled along the river each night after scrumptious dinners.
Finally the service, courteous and friendly at all times and on realising we were a newly wed couple a little spoiling was added.
Compared to other hotels in the Cotswolds which also have a 5 star rating, we think Minster Mill offers much better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic Cotswold inn and boutique hotel,the Old Swan & Minster Mill is privately owned by the de Savary Family. Set is the picturesque village of Old Minster alongside the River Windrush, the 16 bedroom inn is stunningly romantic. A further 44 contemporary guest rooms are available in Minster Mill. Dining in the 600 year old inn feels like stepping back in time with stone floors, beamed ceilings, roaring log fires and delicious gastro-pub food based on fresh, local, seasonal ingredients with a modern twist.Over 65 acres of gardens and fly-fishing on over a mile of the River Windrush ensure a tranquil and pituresque setting. Children have a wealth of activities and there is a tennis court, badminton, croquet, petanque and spa treatments available. Located between the medieval market town of Burford and Witney, a short drive from Blenheim Palace and Bicester Designer Shopping Village. Oxford is 20 minutes drive. Nearest train station Charlbury is 15 minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, AvailPro, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Old Swan & Minster Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel Witney
- Old Swan And Minster Mill
- Old Swan & Minster Mill Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire