“"AMAZING"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My Serenity

My Serenity
70 Westgate (Training Centre & Shop) | 99a Westgate (Therapy Suite), Guisborough, England
+44 1287 634880
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: My Serenity is an holistic training centre & therapy suite in the heart of the beautiful market town of Guisborough. We offer an extensive range of complementary therapies and host yoga and meditation classes, psychic development groups, Reiki share groups and regular training in holistic therapy too. Our shop stocks a large selection of crystals, including in excess of 130 varieties of tumblestones alongside other spiritual gifts including incense, aromatherapy oils and relaxation CD's. Our therapists are all qualified and insured with The Guild of Holistic Therapists. Pop by, get some pampering, or maintain your physical fitness and mental health. We'd love to help!
Leeds, United Kingdom
“"AMAZING"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I arrived at My Serenity (Saturday)to a lovely warm and friendly greeting, from both Kat and Jonny. The ambiance was lovely, my friend went in for her treatment, whilst I browsed the products in the shop. Eyes firmly fixed on a lovely silver Buddha picture. I then went in for my Reiki treatment, again I was made to feel at home and very relaxed. The treatment was fully explained in a professional manner and the health questionnaire completed. I was left alone to get comfortable and then my reiki session began and away I floated. Afterwards feedback was given and I was more relaxed then I have been in a very long time. 3 days later and Im still relaxed and planning my next trip back. Oh and I bought my Buddha picture. Thanks, Kat and Jonny - I'll be back soon :) :)

Kat N, Owner at My Serenity, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
I hope that Buddha is helping to create a serenity all of your own at home. Thanks for such fabulous comments. Look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Guisborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect Pampering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have had many therapies at this venue and enjoyed all of them. Whether a relaxing reflexology or a full body massage I'e ve never been disappointed. I get really tensed and knotty and often ask the therapist to really give me a firm pummelling. This is duly applied and all the therapists check frequently to make sure you like what you;re getting. I definitely do and can throughly recommend a visit!

Kat N, Owner at My Serenity, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I'm so pleased we consistently meet your requirements. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable tratment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Enjoyed a reiki session with crystal healing, very professional service, room was warm and inviting. I came away feeling lots better, uplifted and relaxed. Shall be returning for a second pamper session. Highly recommended.

Kat N, Owner at My Serenity, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thanks so much for your comments. We're really pleased you enjoyed your treatment so much and look forward to helping with your next pamper session!
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Body massage”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Although I asked for a firmer pressure this was not maintained and I felt that the therapist did not have enough experience to give a beneficial massage. She did not apply any pressure to the muscles and I feel that she needs more training

Kat N, Owner at My Serenity, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your treatment. Having looked at the treatment you were booked in to receive I notice it was an aromatherapy massage. Aromatherapy is a gentle, relaxing massage using the essential oils in combination with the massage and unless our therapists are specifically trained in Swedish they would not be insured to apply heavier pressure during an aromatherapy massage, even if they were able.
We do have therapists who are trained in both, but the therapist you visited that day was not one of those trained in Swedish and will have applied the pressure required for aromatherapy only.
If you ever wished for a firmer massage in the future from either ourselves or another therapist, I would recommend you ask for a Swedish massage as opposed to aromatherapy.
Therapists trained in Swedish massage are trained specifically to apply heavier pressure in an effective and safe manner to maximise the effects of the therapy.
Thanks for your comments.