We were looking for a pleasant hotel within striking distance of Whitby (25 mins away through fantastic countryside). We booked this over the phone and were offered a discounted rate for a family room of £108 per room per night for B&B (2 adults 2 children) which was very reasonalbe. Our family room (213) was on the second floor of the newer block and was spacious and clean with a velux window. If we had one gripe it was that the velux would only open a few inches but I guess this is to stop people leaving it open when it rains. This meant the room was a little warm when first entering but it soon cooled off. The room was quiet, the beds were very comfortable and there were complimentary drinks, water, biscuits etc as well as scotch (!!) which we don't drink but which was a nice touch. Breakfast was absolutely first class. Quite simply the best hotel breakfast I have had in 20 years of staying in hotels - the sausages were amazing and the ambience of the dining room was lovely. We used the terrace at the front of the hotel to take our teas onto and sat in the sun. I could have sat there all day. Wonderful. The staff throughout our stay were without exception very pleasant and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The bar was a little sparse beer-wise and I would have been happier to see a couple of real ales on cask but this is just nit-picking. All in all this was a lovely four days and we will definitely go back when visiting the North Yorkshire moors. I have read the negative reviews on here and these seem somewhat petty to me - I would certainly recommend this hotel and if you are a family and can get the family rooms then it is great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors in the market town of Guisborough yet close to the coastal towns of Whitby and Saltburn-by-Sea is Gisborough Hall. A stunning, ivy-clad, period building with all the features to make you feel like Lord and Lady of the manor. When you're not exploring the fascinating local area, back at the hotel, our attentive team are happy to run around after you, serving our renowned afternoon tea or deliciously cooked evening meals, prepared using the freshest finest ingredients. A picture perfect wedding venue both inside and out, special memories are created at Gisborough Hall Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Gisborough Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gisborough Hall Guisborough
- Gisborough Hall Hotel Guisborough