Reading the previous review my experience was totally different, I found the staff to be extremely friendly from making the reservation to checking in and out. I was sent information in the post detailing directions, attractions in the area and information on the hotel even though this was not asked for.
The booking call was handled very well, I called lateish on in the evening and the call handler was very efficient and friendly, I was offered different rates for different room types but the explanation of the difference was clearly explained.
I knew from this point that our stay at Gisborough hall was going to be special and we were not disappointed, on arrival we were met at the car by a young man who immediately welcomed us to the hotel and introduced himself, he carried our bags and walked us to the reception area and introduced me and my wife to the receptionist. The check in was very personal and friendly, we made our dinner booking for both nights as it was very busy and the times we wanted were not available, we had to eat later than we would of liked on the first night which was the only negative, however to be fare I was asked when I booked the hotel if I wanted to make the dinner booking, I would certainly recommend that dinner is booked in advance of arriving as it was very busy.
Our room was very practical, clean and bright with modern furnishings, we were in the new wing which I think is called the woodland as opposed to the main old building which is amazing with grand old rooms and traditional furniture, our next visit will certainly be in this part of the hotel.
Overall every aspect of our stay was fantastic, the staff are just so friendly and genuine to offer help at every possible stage. The food is great and the local town is beautiful and full of character just like the hotel. If I had to think of any negatives it would be the cat which is resident at the hotel, it sleeps on the furniture and I just don’t like cats much.
Certainly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, we have stayed at many hotels throughout the world and this one is certainly in the top 5, the staff here are one of its main assets along with its location and natural beauty. 10 out of 10 from me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors in the market town of Guisborough yet close to the coastal towns of Whitby and Saltburn-by-Sea is Gisborough Hall. A stunning, ivy-clad, period building with all the features to make you feel like Lord and Lady of the manor. When you're not exploring the fascinating local area, back at the hotel, our attentive team are happy to run around after you, serving our renowned afternoon tea or deliciously cooked evening meals, prepared using the freshest finest ingredients. A picture perfect wedding venue both inside and out, special memories are created at Gisborough Hall Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gisborough Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gisborough Hall Guisborough
- Gisborough Hall Hotel Guisborough