“Spoilt 50th birthday celebration” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Guisborough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Spoilt 50th birthday celebration”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked my 50th birthday celebration here and only wished I had not!!!! From the start we were rushed. We where sat in the bar area waiting for the group to meet. The waitress came across and demanded we take our seats in the resturant and look at the menu because another party where due in half hour. We then had to queue to order and pay. This caused for a poor start to the night. Went down from there big style. We had a waitress called Amy and here manner was disgraceful everything was a hassle to her. My 10 year old granddaughter was with us and she was sharp with her too. All she did was huff and puff and roll her eyes at everone in the party. When we eventually got our meals thrown at us, the portions where small to say the least, when asked for sauce, one half of the table got a bowl of different sauces (different waitress too) the side that had Amy got 1 sachet each. She really brought the mood down. Would not recomend this place at all!!! Bad service and bad manners, nightmare. Such a cut throat industry can not see them lasting much longer and you would think customer service would be a priority, but its not!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
“customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would not recommend this restaurant at all. We had booked a 50th birthday party on Saturday 29th of June. From the start of the evening we were rushed to order as another party where due, in 30 minutes. My main complaint was about the Waitress Amy, Her attitude was appalling. Everything was an effort for her and she did nothing but huff and puff all night, when she brought the food, it was thrown down in front of us.You had to catch it or you would of been wearing it. When I asked for the manager I was told none available but that one would call me back next day. Guess what no phone call. I had to call on the Monday and got no satisfaction at all. I was told they have never had any complaint before (lies) she also said Amy is not a jovial, smiley person!!!! Think she is in the wrong job. Only two things I hate and that's bad service and bad manners and we received both from this company and the management. Obviously booked for more than they could cope with. We will not be returning, unless under New Management.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Appalling service!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and a group of friends booked a table for here on sat 29h June to celebrate my father in laws 50th birthday. When we arrived we waited in the bar area for everyone to arrive. We had only been waiting for 5mins when a waitress came over and insisted that we go to our table in the restaurant and start looking through the menus as they had another party coming in!! My aunty was running late and when mentioned we got a roll of the eyes and dirty looks off the waitresses. On that note we decided to order starters so it would give her time to get there. We were asked to go up to the till and pay separate where my mother asked if she could have chips instead of new potatoes with her meal.....she was informed that this would not be possible as they would be a charge to do so and she wouldn't be able to have veg!!! When I ordered mine I asked for veg which I had to pay an extra 2pound for and on receiving the meal they forgot about it!!!! The meals began to come out and there was one particular waitress who may aswel as just shot the plates on the table! The meal portions were very disappointing compared to the meal we had there in February and the prices do not reflect this! The same waitress was very rude to my family and kept huffing and puffing when we tried to have a joke with her. We all felt very awkward and my poor father in law was disappointed with his 50th birthday experience. It is fair to say that we will not be giving our custom to this pub again and they need to sort their customer service out if they are to succeed!!!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

this small country hotel/restaurant serves a fantastic sunday lunch carvery with beef, turkey or pork and all the trimmings for £8.50 with discounts for OAP and pensioners. Highly recommended with very friendly staff. Check it out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England
“Going down the pan....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to say but standards are on the way down....your carvery on a Sunday was great. Albeit, the meat can be mediocre or excellent, but the selection of vegetables are appalling. They are all cheap frozen veg that get boiled up and put out for our consumption. You have now resorted to the frozen roast potatoes. They are dreadful. What's the world coming to when you can't peel a few spuds. To keep your loyal customers you have to make an effort to keep them. The staff ensure you got 2 stars as they are great and an asset to your business. I for one will be looking for somewhere else for Sunday lunch in the future.

Visited May 2013