I like this hotel, it's modern, superbly decorated, an excellent spot and why don't I like it? Mainly because staying the night is exceptionally expensive and breakfast is very poor.
I went once and the restaurant was being refurbished and was subsequently served in a function room - one of the first breakfasts when the room was charged at £140 B&B for two. The last time I went the breakfast was better but still poor, why is hot food self service at that price? It's ludicrous that at that cost it still wasn't served - I can understand cereal and fruit but cooked breakfast, this is no excuse.
I like the rooms, you get a good nights sleep but it's just so expensive for what you get.
One of the worst experiences at a spa I've had was here. Before coming for my Mum's birthday I'd booked for 3 of us to have manicures at the spa in the afternoon. We arrived 15 minutes before our appointments, and were told sorry but you can't have them done, the lamp isn't working. A few problems here:
1. Have you only got one lamp?
2. Why could you not inform me of this? Had I cancelled 15 minutes before I would probably have been charged a cancellation fee.
3. The rudeness of the member of staff who told me this was unacceptable bare in mind these extras would have cost £200 on top of the money we were spending on 6 hotel rooms.
There's a number of kinks that just need ironing out, and it all comes down to this awful trait we have as Brits - laziness.
- Also Known As:
- The Quay Hotel Deganwy
- The Quay Hotel And Spa
- Quay Hotel Conwy
- The Quay Hotel
- Quay Hotel
- The Quay Hotel & Spa Deganwy, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the idyllic Conwy Estuary, the Quay Hotel commands awe-inspiring views of the most magical scenery in North Wales. Offering 74 en-suite luxury bedrooms, which have been exquisitely designed, incorporating all the style and comfort you would expect from in this award-winning hotel. The newly refurbished Lounge Bar is the perfect location to enjoy and informal meal or savour a relaxing drink by the water’s edge. The Grill Bar Terrace affords a veranda for dining “alfresco”, offering an extended outside area, enhancing the magnificent outlook and spectacular panorama of the Conwy River and Estuary. The Grill Room Restaurant introduces you to a mouth-watering selection of award-winning culinary delights encompassing locally produced and sourced ingredients to present the true Welsh flavour of the region. There is an on-site Spa, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym. There is also ample free car parking on site and free Wi-Fi in all areas. The Quay Hotel and Spa is only a short drive from the Victorian town of Llandudno, the Historic town of Conwy and within a 45 minute drive from the breath-taking Snowdonia national park. On the doorstep there are the award winning Golf Courses - A great location for exploring North Wales! Located only minutes from the A55 and only 2 minute drive from Llandudno Junction railway station with direct links from London, Chester, Manchester, Cardiff and more, it really is a hotel that is easily accessible from all areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Quay Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.