We had a great time here. The staff are very accommodating and we were given a "private tour" of the real dungeon and told some of the history which added to the whole experience. We had dinner in the dungeon which was alot of fun. The orangery doesn't sort of "fit" with the castle period but we had a nice breakfast, even if it was a bit noisy. We would stay here again, and would recommened it to anyone who wants something a bit different. Just a pity its so far away from the city of Edinburgh, which we didn't realise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Castle Scotland/Bonnyrigg