My husband and I recently stayed at Dalhousie Castle to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We stayed in a theme room, which was fairly spacious. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were just like those in a Sheraton or Hyatt, etc. The bathroom was quite large, though the tub and shower were just average.
If you're looking for deluxe accommodation or luxury, this isn't the ticket. However if you like a hotel with charm and character, you'll enjoy your stay here. It is, after all, an ancient castle!
We had a lovely view of the grounds, had a private session with the Falconry, and tried out archery for the first time.
My husband had a massage and thoroughly enjoyed it. I used the hydrospa, sauna, etc and enjoyed that. I would've preferred a hot tub temperature in the hydrospa (it's swimming pool temperature), but I did warm up in the steam room. The rainforest shower is cool.
The staff is friendly and accomodating.
All in all, I'm really glad we stayed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Castle Scotland/Bonnyrigg