Delivers everything you'd expect from a historic Scottish castle. Whilst the standard room tariffs might be a little daunting, if you shop around on the 'late availability' sites you should be able to get a decent discount, and pick an off peak day(s) to maximise the value even more.
The grounds, the setting, and the building are superb. The corridors were being painted whilst we were there and our 4 poster bedroom (a circular room within the tower itself) was in need of a lick of paint, so certain areas should (by now) have been refreshed.
Staff were excellent, knowledgable and very friendly.
I'd highly recommend dinner in the dungeon restaurant. The food was excellent, and the setting unbeatable. Plus, pre-dinner drinks in the library whilst ordering is a must.
The spa is 'bijou' but worth doing if you can time it right, otherwise it'll be too busy to be enjoyable.
Fabulous stay, wish we could have stayed longer! Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Castle Scotland/Bonnyrigg