This is the second visit to Dalhousie Castle. Our first visit was just perfect, apart from our breakfast being rather cool. We did complain & it was rectified the second morning.
Our second visit we took our friends, as a birthday treat. Everything was good, food exceptional, our room was a little bit sad but quite comfortable, our friends enjoyed their room, "The Cromwell Suite", our only complaint was a certain person who did the "Ghost Tour". We were so interested in the history of the Castle, & he explained all this, but it was his additives. His remarks were rather derogatory against the hotel & also to us as guests, he may have thought he had a sense of humour but some of it was rather personal. Apart from that our stay was just wonderful, the atmosphere in the Dungeon restaurant, takes you back in time. Our Thanks go out mostly to the Chef for producing such mouthwatering dishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Castle Scotland/Bonnyrigg