“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prescott Rd | near Wigan, Skelmersdale WN8 9QD, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skelmersdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a special offer including dinner and breakfast. Very nice refurbished room, food on both dinner and breakfast was very nice and the service and staff were excellent. We will look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your review, were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Lancashire Manor. I do hope you get the chance to visit us again in the future, I will pass your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Southport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Arrived at Lancashire Manor Christmas Eve and met by friendly staff. This hotel was selected due to close proximity to family. First impressions of the hotel were good. Our room was clean and warm. However, on arrival there was only one tea bag, a broken bed and a bulb missing from the bedside lamp. Not impressed with what looked like garden furniture in the room, a plastic chair and small white table. The bathroom was in need of some TLC particularly behind the door. We were offered a change of room but as my wife was quite ill she couldn't face re-packing. The bulb was never replaced despite reporting it. Breakfast the first morning was disgusting. The scrambled egg was not fresh and it resembled powdered egg with pieces of chopped up boiled egg mixed in. Very expensive considering there was no room service or meals available apart from breakfast. Bar staff were helpful and accomodating. Impressive looking hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kevin C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read of the problems you experienced during your stay at our hotel, these are far from our normal standards and I have made the heads of departments aware of these shortfalls. I do hope that this will not deter you from returning to The Lancashire Manor Hotel again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is clean and functional. However booked a double room for two. On arrival we were shown to a twin room. Back to the front desk and arranged a new room. The room had only one towel between the two of us. Not a great start. In the morning we could hear everything going on next door walls are thin! The biggest problem I have with it is they took my eyes out on breakfast. I was out so my other half went for breakfast alone. It had closed. 940. So he ordered tea and toast for the room. This arrived with no plate for the four rounds of toast. The tea yielded three cups. On check out I was advised the whole bill needed settling. I told the desk I had paid in advance through my expedia booking she could find no record so I paid up(yet to check this discrepancy on my account). Then a charge of £18.50 for breakfast.!! For two people. I queried this as I wasn't there and got shut down with it was definitely for 2 I checked and took the food myself. I said 18.50 for tea and toast she said there was fruit as well. I had seen the tray in the room when I got back and there was no fruit. In order to end the oh no you didn't oh yes you did pantomime I paid left and wrote this review en route home. I won't be returning.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed recently and thought the service of the waiting on staff was appalling and lacking any sort of formality. Overly familiar and sloppy attitudes. Still waiting for someone to call me back re an enquiry. The building and rooms are beautiful but I think pricy given its situated on a industrial estate right on the motorway in Skem.

• Stayed December 2012
Kevin C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, I was disappointed to read about your disappointment regarding the service you received in our restaurant, this is far below our normal standard and I will be discussing your comments with the relevant head of department.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Travelled as a couple, met with friends for a get together. Rooms were very good, well furnished, but could not understand why they spoil the room by putting in a plastic patio chair. Staff friendly and helpful. Food was excellent, as was the service. Overall an excellent place to stay and at £85 per night for bed, breakfast, evening meal and a bottle of wine, you can't complain.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alan,

Thank you for your review and your kind words regarding our hotel and staff, we will be continuing with these fantastic special offers throughout 2013 and will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked this hotel as we needed to stay somewhere close to Skelmersdale. We booked online on laterooms.com and got a fab deal. £85 for bed, breakfast and evening meal and a bottle of house wine! Not bad considering bed and breakfast was £90!

The hotel was fairly easy to find, next to the motorway in the middle of an industrial estate (but don't let this put you off). On arrival the building is lovely, old with modern twists.

On check in the lady on the desk was friendly and courteous. She saw we were on the half board package and booked us in there and then for dinner. This hotel seems a very popular wedding venue and as we arrived the wedding party were having their welcome drinks in the bar area. Unfortunately the rooms are situated through the bar so we had to walk through in our scruffs with all our gear! We felt like were imposing at their special time. We would recommend checking in either earlier or later to avoid weddings on a Saturday.

The rooms have recently been refurbished. We were given room 38 which was small but modern. Although the bedrooms are lovely the bathrooms could do with some sprucing up. There was mould around the edges and flowery tiles. You would think if they are doing the rooms up they would also modernise the bathrooms. Another thing in this rooms there was no bath just a shower. I enjoy a bath in a hotel, it would have been better if we were informed of this on arrival. We also had a issue with the shower, the head leaked and squirted out of the head around the edge. Not good. The room wasn't spotless either - I found a wine gum under the desk and the edges (behind the desk and what the TV was mounted on) were dusty. Basic things that should be right in any hotel.

We decided to go down for a drink in the bar, by this time the wedding guests had left. The guy on the bar was friendly and chatty and nothing seemed like too much trouble. That evening we ate in the restaurant and the food was fantastic we really enjoyed all three courses. The staff in the restaurant were polite and courteous and we were made to feel very welcome. The following morning we ate breakfast, there was an excellent selection, we were brought tea, coffee and toast. Again the staff were excellent.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again. Originally I was going to give this hotel 3 out of 5 but the staff and how friendly and helpful they were tipped it up into a 4. Just a few tweaks needed and it would be even better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Ms Smiley,

Thank you for your review and kind comments complimenting the staff, restaurant and standard of food. I will discuss in detail your points regarding room 38 with our head housekeeper.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Pontyclun, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Absolutely lovely hotel. Staff are friendly; rooms are very comfortable (and of course clean); bathroom likewise. There was a wedding on when we visited so the small bar was very busy but in spite of this, we did not have to wait long and the barman was very helpful. The menu was good and the food matched it. It is a truly delightful hotel and although it is on the edge of an industrial estate, it is so conveniently located near the motorway that within minutes you can be on the road to one of many nearby attractions. So glad I found it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your great review of the Lancashire Manor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. I will pass your kind comments on to the rest of the team.

Been to BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!