“Good food Good service!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good food Good service!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Called in for weekly lunch. God friendly greeting table allocated and menu as soon as we arrived. Good choice, normal pub grub. I had Lamb burger plus chips and salad and hubby had curry again very pleasant. Next table had sandwiches which did look very appetising and quite a decent size. Staff very attentive good atmosphere for lunch time. Definitely recommend and we will dine there again

Visited January 2014

England
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had our work christmas lunch here this week. The food was fantastic. Nicely presented. The staff where fab all in the festive spirit made our lunch time brill. Would highly recommend this pub. We shall all be returning at some point.

• Visited December 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Somehow this gastro pub just got better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Was always a fan of Migde Hall as it offers a lot of nice meals that local competitors do not. The specials board is always a treat to behold, and I often have trouble deciding what to eat, as most dishes sound delicious. I probably have not been for a year, mainly due to finding out that they had only been awarded 2* for hygene (and I'm squeamish like that), but it looks like things have improved somewhat and their rating has improved, so I decided to go back to see what I had been missing.

Visited on the spur of the moment in late August and the place was as heaving as it usually is, actually moreso as we had to wait a good 30 mins for a table. We went and sat in the large beer garden in the back (which oddly we never knew existed before). The staff were extremely appologetic about the lack of tables, but the wine and the beer garden combined meant we were actually quite enjoying the delay, so had no complaints at all.

When we were finally seated we picked a crab main to share as a starter. It arrived and there was plenty to go at, masses of salad and a good portion of crab. It did smell a little fishy, but tasted fine.

For a main, I ordered haddock and chips from the standard menu and was very happy indeed. The haddock was perfectly cooked in a nice layer of breadcrumb and the chips were chip shop style (better than some chippies) and I had a job preventing my fellow diner from stealing them off my plate. I would been very happy with this, had my companion not ordered the swordsfish special, which came with a ginger sauce with deepfried king prawns on top. I have never felt such mealtime envy in a long time, this dish was simply magical. The sauce was not too sweet, but perfectly balanced and much of it was stolen to dunking chips. The swordfish was perfectly cooked and from the small portion I was offered from my friend, seemed perfectly cooked. I managed to trade some of said chip shop chips for a deep fried prawn and it was then I cursed myself for not ordering this dish. If I was in an expensive restaurant in London I would have been blown away by this dish, it was simply heaven, this place could charge a lot more for the food it offers. I really cannot wait for my next visit to Midge Hall.

• Visited August 2013
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Please don't be put of by the bad reviews know one is perfect they are bound to make a mistake at some point. We have eaten hear on several occasions and never been disappointed great value for money. staff polite and welcoming especially kieth. Highly recommend this place. you do need to book though as this place gets extremely busy.

• Visited October 2013
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Really can't go wrong here - great home cooked food, friendly staff and very competitively priced - no wonder we keep going back!

• Visited October 2013