Booked in for one night and driving up to the place I was hoping for good things. It is certainly impressive and the guests from a wedding party milling around outside certainly helped with the appeal.
Checked in and went to my room in a very dodgy lift (take the stairs if you don't have bags to carry). The room was a bit on the small side and a bit worn but OK for one night. I turned on the shower and waited five minutes for any sign of warm water. Once it arrived, it was not only warm but scalding and I had to tweak the taps back and forth to get hot-cold-hot-cold so I could washed.
I then went for a stroll across the golf course and onto the sea-front which is very nice and certainly a plus, then back to the hotel for dinner. The menu did not appear particularly inviting and certainly not a wide choice, but the food was excellent with good service.
Once back to my room I could feel the floor thumping to the disco of the wedding reception and opening the window above the bar, where the smokers were gathered made me realise there was little hope of sleep before the early hours so I went to reception to ask for a change of rooms. There was absolutely no problem here and they offered me a key to another room on the top floor asking me to check it out before moving. I went up a musty set of stairs and along a corridor dreading what was behind the door of my new room. What a surprise; a large, airy room with windows that opened (and I did manage to sleep there without falling out) onto a view across the golf course and out to sea; fantastic. In the morning, breakfast was also very good.
Plenty of parking and only a few minutes from the end of the motorway.
- Also Known As:
- Leasowe Castle Wallasey
- Leasowe Castle Hotel Wallasey
- Leasowe Castle Wallasey, United Kingdom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leasowe Castle offers a stunning venue with extensive facilities. The castle is a unique grade II listed building overlooking the stunning Wirral coastline and Leasowe golf course. Set amongst beautiful, tranquil gardens it offers a peaceful retreat for both work and leisure, yet is only minutes from the M53 offering quick access to Liverpool, Chester and the glorious Cheshire countryside. It is one of the most historic hotels in Wirral.Leasowe rail station is only a few minutes walk away and the airports of Liverpool and Manchester are easily reached. Such an enviable location is hard to find. It is an ideal location if you are looking for hotels near Liverpool and hotels near Merseyside.This romantic 16th century castle provides the perfect setting for weddings and special events. It is Wirral's only castle wedding venue. Offering a choice of function rooms and banqueting facilities we cater for parties of all sizes. Our attention to detail and impeccable service are guaranteed to make your special day simply perfect. If you are looking for a conference hotel in Wirral, the hotel also provide a unique and inspirational setting for meetings and conferences. Its convenient location combined with ample free parking, state-of-the-art conference facilities and comfortable accommodation, offers everything you need to focus, reflect and plan ahead. All guests have free access to the ‘Castle Club’ leisure facilities which offer a great way to unwind. You can workout in the fully equipped gym, join one of the exercise classes, or simply relax in the sauna and steam room. Afterwards, what better way to reward yourself than enjoying a sumptuous meal in the elegant Portcullis restaurant? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Leasowe Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.