“Accomodating, warm, flexible FAMILY pub.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 42 Restaurants in West Kirby
Cuisines: European
West Kirby, Wirral
“Accomodating, warm, flexible FAMILY pub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a large booking just before Christmas, all had fantastic time. Very accommodating, a good personal service. We go to the Ringers because its a family pub. Great with the kids. Ignore the child hater reviewers here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wirral
“Reasonable food in a popular pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been here three or four times since its most recent transformation. All the experiences have been similar.

Most recently I had lunch here on 27th and 28th December.

The first time I had a mini fish and chips. The fish was good quality and I enjoyed it. There was a little tub of mushy peas which I do not eat so I can't comment on that. The chips were OK. Nothing I could say more about them Same as most places. Supplied with another little tub of what seemed like mayonnaise rather than tartare sauce. OK. The meal was very good value and reasonable size for a mini meal.

The next day I had a roast beef sandwich. It was served on thick slices of granary type bread with mixed leaves accompanying the beef inside the sandwich and a small side salad. A jug of warm horseradish sauce was supplied with it. The sliced beef was served cold and lacked flavour. It was livened up by pouring plenty of the sauce on and the peppery leaves helped. The side salad was nice. A reasonably priced lunch which would be filling if you ate it all.

The place was busy on both days. The staff were efficient and friendly. I will happily go again for a convenient and reliable pub meal which is not exceptional in any way.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Christmas Eve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

It looks like the children have become well established in this pub. The last reviewer has even told the previous reviewer she shouldn't have gone there on Christmas Eve and should have stayed at home as it is a time for children. I have been going to the Ring o Bells since I was in sixth form and now I have two small children of my own. But if they come for a meal with their parents they know how to behave. We had a babysitter on Christmas Eve and popped into a few of the local wine bars in West Kirby which were mostly civilised and child free, and then ended up in the Ringers. I dont think it matters what time of year it is, the children rule and the management wont step in while parents are spending money and letting their children run riot. If the previous review likes to see children having a good time the pantomime at the Floral Pavilion is full of running, screaming children, but it's not a pub, and that's where you expect children to be letting off steam.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Christmas Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I would just like to say that I visited the ring o bells on Christmas Eve early tea time it was very busy and there was a couple of children running about but it added to what was a fantastic Christmas Eve atmosphere the staff and all customers alike seemed very jolly and creating a very friendly Christmas Eve feel it is great to see the ringers back as the ringers and a place where one and all are truly welcomed I visit this pub on a regular basis and it is run very smoothly and I appreciate that on Christmas Eve where ever you go it is going to be busy and I expect children to be very excited as Christmas is all about children . I am sorry but the person who thought this not acceptable should have stayed home and not gone out to a pub on Christmas Eve or any other time at that matter . Keep up the good work ring o bells

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ring o Bells Christmas Eve”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have just visited The Ring o Bells and at first I thought I had entered Daisy and Jake's Nursery. Children were running around in circles screaming and terrorising every adult who dared to cross their path with a drink in their hand. The pub was crowded with diners, every table was full. When it was mentioned to one of the staff that children were screaming, running, pushing through people standing at the bar, she said "It is Christmas Eve" and then gave a dirty look. Well excuse me, that is the whole point. You don't expect to be dictated to by children as young as 3 in a PUB. I think it should be obvious to parents that they are expected to sit their children down at the table with them. The only reason the children are in the pub is that they are there for a meal not to behave as if it is a nursery. A lovely start to a romantic Christmas Eve meal (not). I am only giving one star today but hope next time I vist it has turned back into a traditional pub and not a nursery.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere