My family and I are from Singapore and we visited Scotland during the december holidays last year. Before tripadvisor changed their website, we actually read reviews, mostly complaining about their horrible stay there. Upon reaching, we foun out otherwise. The couple is very friendly and helpful! The night we reached, they recommended a nearby eatery and booked two cabs for us. While waiting for the taxi, we had a chat with them and found out that they had just took over the B&B business few months ago. True enough, that night we found that in contrast to the bad reviews, there were heaters and the beds and everywhere were clean. The only problem we had was that the shower had very little water coming out and it was very cold somehow in the morning (we went during wintertime). The following morning, we had a feast; cereals, toast, orange juice, tea, sausages and eggs. To get ourself around scotland, we wanted to rent a car so that accessibility woulld be better. They helped us check online for car rental sites and in no time we booked one, with them recommending us where to pick it up. Also, they were revamping the entire place, but of course they did it while we were out touring. They said that it would be complete after a couple of months. After getting out car, they lent us a huge detailed map of scotland to help us get around. It is also very quiet and residential there, and the inverkeithing train station is very near boreland lodge. One night, we ordered chinese takeaway and had a chat with them while eating. They were telling us about their experiences and stuff and they are really friendly. On the day that we left, we thanked them and they even gave us a card giving their regards. I hope that this will be useful for others who are interested to stay here. It is very worth it and i bet your stay there would be as good as ours.
- Also Known As:
- Boreland Hotel
- Boreland Hotel Inverkeithing
- Boreland Lodge Hotel Inverkeithing, Scotland
Location: United Kingdom > Scotland > Fife > Inverkeithing
Bar/Lounge Free Parking Pets Allowed
Ranked #4 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Inverkeithing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $
Hotel Class:1 star — Boreland Lodge Hotel 1*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boreland Lodge has recently had a refurbishment and all rooms have new shower rooms, fully tiled, and new carpets in all the rooms, the furniture has been upgraded and the hotel is a family run hotel. We have free internet in all public areas and also tea and coffee complimentary facilities in all rooms. There are small TVs in all rooms with freeview channels. We are 300 yards from a local train station and journey to Edinburgh is 15-20 minutes, costing about 5 pound return. There is also a shuttle bus to Edinburgh Airport terminal from the train station, which runs every 30 minutes taking about 20 minutes. We are near Roysth and the Forth Road bridge and close to the motorways. Ideal for Ingliston and T in the Park, local events at Knockhill are 15 minutes away. We have rooms 2 family of 5 rooms with conservatories, we also have singles, doubles and twins. We serve a continental breakfast and a cooked Scottish breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your Boreland Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.