We stayed here as part of our wedding anniversary (including evening meal and breakfast - which I'll write up in the restaurant section).
From the start the service as great - warm friendly welcome, nothing too much trouble.
We stayed in room number 8 - tastefully decorated, lovely clean shower room (very powerful shower too) with nice toiletries. Very large comfortable bed, with nice bedding - we both had a very nice sleep.
Only small minor issue is no Wi-Fi, but get a great 3G signal so no issues - but this doesn't detract from what is a great place to stay.
£70 for a boutique room with fabulous staff - what more could you ask for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Boutique Hotel and Restaurant located close to Colchester in Essex. Each of the nine bedrooms are uniquely themed and furnished to offer superior comfort all with en suite bathrooms. Our Head Chef has a ever changing menu using only local seasonal produce from local farmers and producers. we buy directly from farmers and producers across East Anglia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Rare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drapers Hotel Earls Colne
- The Rare Hotel Essex/Earls Colne