We stayed in room no.4- the Africa room. It's quite small and not much space for bags etc. but for us, staying overnight with little luggage the space was ok. Room is hot but there is air con. Room beautifully decorated. En suite shower room and shower gel, soap etc provided.
Check out is 10.30, but you can breakfast until 11 am which is good on a Sunday. Breakfast costs extra but it is local produce and very yummy.
We would stay here again if we are in the area.
Best point: comfy bed, good size en suite. Fab decor
Worst point: not much space in the room, just able to walk around the bed really and a small space with a chair by the window.
- Also Known As:
- Drapers Hotel Earls Colne
- Blackwells Restaurant With Rooms Essex/Earls Colne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Boutique Hotel and Restaurant located close to Colchester in Essex. Each of the nine bedrooms are uniquely themed and furnished to offer superior comfort all with en suite bathrooms. Our Head Chef has a ever changing menu using only local seasonal produce from local farmers and producers. we buy directly from farmers and producers across East Anglia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Blackwells Restaurant With Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.