“Lovely meal and staff 5+++++” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Boyne Hotel to your Saves list
The Boyne Hotel
2 North High Street, Portsoy AB45 2PA, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Portsoy B&B and Inns
“Lovely meal and staff 5+++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently went to boyne for a meal after many friends and family saying to try there food as they were impressed the food was fantastic all home made and fresh the staff were very welcoming and the atmosphere from the place and the staff were superb u dont get many places that the staff interact with customers and with our children aswell they didnt mind the mess or noise from the children they interacted with them and were drawing pictures with them this is definatly the most polite,welcoming,hotel i have been to and will most definatly be back again with my family 5++++

Stayed April 2015

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portsoy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A group of us had a lovely meal at the Boyne Hotel tonight. I particularly liked the homemade burger, homecooked chips and delicious fruit crumble, custard and Portsoy ice cream. We all had generous portions and a good value for money, no fuss meal. Reece who served us was a very polite and attentive young man and a credit to the service team. It was good to see the place so busy and we will certainly return at a future date. Well done guys we felt really welcome and very much enjoyed the food.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to the boyne for small catch up with friends had a most enjoyable night here the food service was great and quick too considering they were quite busy when the food arrived was all really lovely ! Couldn't fault it atall and very reasonably priced too a lovely young lad on service by the name of Reece couldn't do enough well done young man will definatley be back ( Jackie macduff )

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were 4 of us for lunch and we all enjoyed. Warm welcome by the staff, food was very tasty, lovely to have home made chips. Would have preferred a plate rather than a slate but I'm being picky as everything else was great.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Booked through work on first arrival went to bar to get keys, had to fill in a customer form even though room was booked, shown to my room by a friendly member of staff makes a world of difference that staff care.

Pros-
Clean
Free wifi
Next to the sea
Friendly staff member
Locals drinking in the bar

Bad points-
Shower was poor
Laptop sized tv
My stay was noisy lots of talking
Windows don't stay open.

All in all I would stay again, I can't comment on food as haven't tried it, it's a friendly family run hotel would be happy to come back if above problems were fixed. Pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

Stayed here 3-4 times a week for 4 months whilst working in the area. (Aug 14 - Nov 14)
The rooms were comfortable, modern and are serviced daily. The recent renovation of the hotel is evident.
Over the duration of my stay I think I tried all the dishes available on the menu, and I can honestly say not one dissapointed. The food was excellent!
Hotel staff were all warm and friendly, creating a nice family atmosphere.
I could see over my time here the hotel changing all the time. Under new ownership, the management are gradually making their own mark on the place with continued improvements.
I have fond memories of my stay at the Boyne Hotel and made some great friends.
I look forward to my short visit back in springtime this year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Airdrie, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Lots of work done to improve the hotel - with a nice bar / lounge

However bedroom was cold and shower faulty (hot/then freezing with poor flow)
Main light not working in breakfast room and only an ancient electric ring fire whilst eating and room cold.

All in all with competition I wouldn't return

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Boyne Hotel? Share your experiences!