We needed somewhere to stay near family in Neutral Bay for one night, which was cheap and had family rooms with separate bedrooms. Friends from Melbourne recommended Glenferrie Lodge, with the warning that it was basic but adequate, and they were exactly right. Generally, it was a pleasant experience. The staff were friendly and booking was easy. The rooms were clean and the main plus is the absolutely amazing location - 1 minute walk from Kirribilli wharf from where you can catch the regular ferry straight to Circular Quay (5 minutes); and 10 min walk from Milsons Point Station and the lovely village of Kirribilli, with cafes, shops, and weekend markets. We had a 'family room' which was two bedrooms next to each other with a private bathroom, down the end of a corridor with a door in it which shut it off from the other rooms further up the corridor. The rooms were tiny, as were the beds, but they all had great linen (which seemed to be new) and the beds were comfy. There were new flat screen tvs in both rooms and bar fridges. The bathroom was very dated - cracked tiles, and a shower in the bath. But again, functional. Our room was in the building which is at the side of the main building and my main complaint is that the old floors were incredibly noisy. From about 8.30pm til midnight and again from 7am on, you could hear everything the people in the rooms around you said and every step they took. So it might be worth requesting a room in the main building. Another good thing was that breakfast was included in the price - it was a good buffet style hot brekky, with bacon & eggs, cereals, fruits, teas, coffees etc - all tasty and good quality. At that stage we discovered there was a lovely guest lounge looking over the trees, with comfy couches, tv etc - if you were staying more than one night, I imagine you'd spend time there in the evenings rather than in your room. In summary, this is definitely grown up budget accommodation, but if you're just looking for somewhere clean and comfy to sleep at a reasonable price, in an amazing location, while you spend most of your days out and about in Sydney, I recommend Glenferrie.
- Also Known As:
- Glenferrie Hotel Kirribilli
- Glenferrie Hotel
- Glenferrie Lodge Kirribilli, North Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenferrie Sydney offers quality Bed and Breakfast accommodation on the shores of Sydney Harbour, a minute's walk from the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and a stone's throw from the Sydney home of the Prime Minister in one of the most beautiful suburbs of Sydney. The Sydney central business district is a 6 minute ferry ride away, so guests can enjoy being in the city without the cost of staying there.All bathrooms and amenities are shared; wifi is free; a full hot buffet breakfast is included in the tariff for all rooms. With its beautiful, leafy garden, Glenferrie is an ideal place to stay if you are travelling with a pet or if you simply want to relax and read or have a quiet breakfast outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Glenferrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.