Was travelling from Brisbane to Adelaide through Sydney and had to stay in Sydney for business stopover. Had our 10 yr old min poodle dog with us. Needed affordable accom in central location and found Glenferrie Lodge at $118 pn including 2 adults, dog and hot buffet breakfast with private room but shared bathroom. Booked this fully expecting a bit of a dump to be honest, but found one of the best run little guest houses we have stayed in. Very quiet, very clean and in an absolute top location about 6 doors from the Prime Ministers Sydney residence, Kirribilli House. The room was smallish but had a little balcony off it. It had a tv, fridge and kettle and modern comfortable clean bed and linen. The dog was allowed in the room and was never made an issue at any point. He is very clean and quiet but the management were very respectful and obviously used the policy of waiting to wield the stick if required, rather than make you feel uncomfortable whether there be an issue or not. He wasn't an issue so they never made him one. I don't know if there were any other dogs in house but I didn't hear any. In fact, we were near the front entrance and I didn't hear anyone, really and the share bathroom, which was oldish but always clean, never had anyone else in it when we needed it either. Never had to wait or share it. The breakfast was fantastic. Help yourself cereals, yoghurts, fruits, juices, bacon, eggs, toast, sausage, hash browns, tea, coffee. Again, very clean, very low key and very well run. I honestly cannot recommend Glenferrie Lodge enough to anyone wanting clean, safe, comfortable budget accommodation in a fabulous location. I will use this hotel again when next I am in Sydney with or without my dog. It was a credit to the owners. Thankyou for a very comfortable stay.
- Also Known As:
- Glenferrie Hotel
- Glenferrie Hotel Kirribilli
- Glenferrie Lodge Kirribilli, North Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glenferrie Sydney offers quality Bed and Breakfast accommodation on the shores of Sydney Harbour, a minute's walk from the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and a stone's throw from the Sydney home of the Prime Minister in one of the most beautiful suburbs of Sydney. The Sydney central business district is a 6 minute ferry ride away, so guests can enjoy being in the city without the cost of staying there.All bathrooms and amenities are shared; wifi is free; a full hot buffet breakfast is included in the tariff for all rooms. With its beautiful, leafy garden, Glenferrie is an ideal place to stay if you are travelling with a pet or if you simply want to relax and read or have a quiet breakfast outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Glenferrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.