Just got back from a weekend stay at the Vall Ski. As far as it goes, the Hotel was perfectly adequate for our needs (a Skiing Stag Trip for 15 blokes).
1) Rooms were clean and comfortable with good showers (and plenty of hot water)
2) All the reception staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English.
3) The food was adequate - breakfast was fairly basic but there was plenty of it. Dinner was ok too but don't expect 'Haute Cuisine'. It was pretty basic but it was well cooked and plenty of it.
4) The bar is nice and there is also a games room with pool table/darts/pinball.
5) Had a lively atmosphere with lots of school groups there when we were there.
6) A couple of bars/restaurants next door.
1) Location. A previous reviewer had it right. This hotel is not central to either Soldeu or El Tartar but rather is almost central BETWEEN the two. The fella that booked our stay was assured that it was right in Soldeu but clearly it wasn't and he was not happy. To get to Soldeu requires a walk of at least 1 mile+ up the road. El Tartar is down the road (about 750 metres) but the road down does not have a path.
2) Food. The food is adequate only - wholesome, but I'm not sure I would be able to eat it every night for a week or fortnight. More choice of vegetables would be good too.
3) Funny smell in the lift (sewage?)
4) Surly waiting staff.
Overall, the Vall Ski was perfectly adequate for our needs. The key point to consider is the location. If you want to step out of your hotel's front door and be in the heart of the Apres Ski action then stay elsewhere in Soldeu. If that doesn't concern you, then the Vall Ski may be a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located in Incles Valley at just 800 meters from the Ski Resort Grand Valira by its El Tarter’s access and at 17 km of Andorra’s Shopping Centre. Services: The Hotel completes its facilities with buffet restaurant (drinks not included), cafeteria, polyvalent room, wifi free zone, internet point, garage (limited), laundry service, free ski lockers and relax zone (extra charge) with Jacuzzi, Sauna and massages service. FREE transport to El Tarter access in stipulated schedules and DAILY ANIMATION PROGRAM FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN. Rooms: The Hotel has 37 standard rooms for a maximum of 4 people and 13 duplex for maximum 5 people, all of them equipped with bedroom and living room with nest bed, complete bathroom with hairdryer, direct telephone, Satellite TV, fridge and safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Somrui Hotel Vall Ski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vall Ski Hotel
- Somrui Hotel Vall Ski Andorra/Incles