“Warm and friendly, family-run hotel with wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Palarine to your Saves list
Hotel Palarine
Carretera General d'Arinsal, Erts AD 400, Andorra   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Erts
“Warm and friendly, family-run hotel with wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just spent a week here with the family and would highly recommend it! Excellent food with themed buffet every night (Chinese/Thai, Tex-Mex, Indian, Italian, Catalan, English Roast, International), great service, generous happy hour, informal and friendly atmosphere, great for kids and very good value for money. Easy and regular access to the slopes via the free ski bus.

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We've just returned after having spent a week over Christmas. We're a family of 2 adults and 2 boys age 11 &15.
It's hard not to repeat what everyone else has said but try quite rightly deserve their Tripadvisor certificate that's proudly displayed in reception.
We had a very warm welcome followed by an even warmer welcome by Graham the owner and Dave the barman. After partaking in a beer or two we were taken by Dave in the minibus upto the resort centre to sort out our ski stuff.
Arinsal is a small place with enough bars to keep you entertained for Après Ski. There is a free bus from outside the hotel to take you up and down. We always got the bus up at the beginning of the day and found it easier to hire a ski locker at the top of the Gondola to keep our stuff in, that way we could go for a drink and walk back to the hotel without having to lug all our gear. It's about a nice 15 minute walk down hill back to the hotel.
The room was huge for a quad room. Very well equipped, ladies you don't need to take your hair dryer, theirs are very good! Huge flat screen tv with English channels , loads of storage space and a huge bathroom. Very very clean and lovely and warm.
The breakfast is a combination of toast, cereals, croissants, ham, cheese and then hot items: bacon, sausage, beans & fried egg. I'm nit picking here , but the only criticism I would say is that it would have been nice to have scrambled or poached eggs every now and then or even grilled tomatoes. Also the ham & cheese was constantly having to be topped up as he only put out 6-8 slices each time. That aside the food is brilliant.
Dinner is buffet , with something to please everyone. The food changes nightly and they have a theme, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese etc.
you will not go hungry, food is of an outstanding quality and probably some of the best food I've ever eaten. Everything is made fresh and the chefs are constantly checking it. Christmas dinner was out of this world! Nothing overlooked, the best I've had including my own- well done to you all.
All in all a very nice small hotel, everyone's friendly , it's very clean, warm, fab food and great bar with happy hour and a log fire! Yes , it's not in the centre of Arinsal, but give me this hotel over any other any time. The boys loved it, my youngest made great friends with Josh the owners son, many a battle done on the PS3 and iPads! Thank you for such a great holiday,we're already planning our next visit . If anime has any questions about anything I don't mind you messaging me .

Stayed December 2013
balearic islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

just stayed here for one week and it was all good,everybody worked hard to deliver a great time for their guests.nice size rooms ,good breakfast,pleasant bar area,parking .the list goes on .we had Christmas dinner ,included in our room rate which was superb.
we went here on a recommendation of a friend and weren't dissapointed.we also ate al a carte chinese on two nights, delicious. we will be back !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I can´t really say enough good words about tis place. We stumbled upon it last year and ate the food. And was blown away. I am a real foodie and very fussy, especially with asian food as I cook it a lot for groups. And would say I am probably in the top few percent knowledgable about asian cuisine. The food is excellent!!! Impossible to find better asian food in Barcelona (where I have been living for some years). The Szechuan dish is exceptional but everything is good from the peking duck to spring rolls to thai curry to teriyaki beef fillet to the dim sum. The majority is home made with love and care.

This time we stayed for 3 days and ate there every day and it was a real pleasure. Food exceptional, the bar cosy and inviting, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. We felt like part of the family and Graham even took our son with his son and his friends to the cinema.

On our last day as it was a quiet midweek day b4 season fully started they made us all a full English breakfast with all the trimmings and asked us what time we wanted it.

English tv in the rooms and in bar...including Sky sports. Parties with many locals there appreciating a great place. This is such a great find. Book, stay, eat here, you will not be sorry. I recommend eating the a la cart menu rather than buffet as it is so good it would be criminal not to eat it...

Happy hour 5 til 6. I didn´t know and they came and told me I have an extra drink...

I love this place, the staff and the family. A 9.5 out of 10! Only missing full 10 as our room never got fully warm but it was the only room like this as it was the biggest family room. It made little difference.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Punta del Este, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying twice at the Palarine and both times have exceeded expectations. My first visit was a solo journey to check out Andorra as a possible place to relocate my family. Graham and Maria went out of their way to make my week as enjoyable and informative as possible. Their hospitality makes The Palarine feel more like a 2nd home than a hotel.

The bar in the hotel served as a great place to meet other expats as well as a few locals. Also a great place to watch live football games etc. The Chinese food served at the Bamboo is the best in the country. I extended my trip by a few days as I was enjoying myself so much. Even at the end of my extended stay I couldn't believe little I'd spent. Truly great value. Stronger WIFI signals in the rooms is the only thing I would change but it works fine downstairs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Living in Andorra as I do, I am a regular at the Palarine Hotel, not to stay obviously, but to use its restaurant so although this is coming in under a "hotel review", I hope readers won't mind if I just focus on the dining.

The hotel is run by an English / Chinese couple and is in a very popular skiing area of Andorra. In the summer the same area is quite beautiful being up in the mountains and well worth a visit.

But what I like particularly about this hotel is the Chinese buffet lunch dining experience on a Sunday. This usually takes place every other week, the alternate weeks being a typical Enlgish "Sunday lunch". The cuisine is authentic Chinese cooking and the Chinese chefs are in plain evidence for all to see. It is fair to say that the menu is not as extensive as you would find in a Chinese restaurant in the UK but then this is not à la carte but a lunchtime buffet and is still extensive enough withy old favourites like crispy duck, spare ribs, sweet and sour etc and usually a delicous chocolate or coconut dessert.

This all you can eat feast comes at just €16.50 and is one of the country's little gems.

Drinks of course are extra. We usually start with a pint of cold beer and then move on to one of their Spanish wines accompanied by water. It all just goes really well and the welcome given by the proprietor and his wife is always first class.

The Bambu restaurant is also open of course during the rest of the week when you can enjoy the more extensive à la carte menu.

I have been to visit the Palarine many times now over a period of years and the quality has remained consistently good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Castleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Second consecutive summer at the Palerine. We enjoyed a wonderful 8 days in a superb location with great food and nothing is too much trouble and very good value. Will definitely be going again. I would recommend the Palerine to any one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Palarine? Share your experiences!