“The best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Erts
Derby
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Great location for Vallnord - the resorts of Arcalis, Pal and Arinsal are equidistant from the hotel.

There's a free bus to all three resorts if you've not hired a car.

The bar's family friendly, has all live sports and entertainment some nights. The magician Jorge was great.

A reviewer made reference to smoking in the bar - i'm a non smoker but didn't find it a problem at all

Food is incredible - locals and tourists travel from far and wide to use the restaurant - lucky you if you're half board as the same chefs cook all the food.

Rooms are comfortable, large, cleaned daily and warm in winter.

There's free wifi and a ps3 machine for kids of all ages.

If you're thinking of choosing this hotel then go ahead, you won't regret it.

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just arrived back from a trip with my two daughters for half term week. Hotel is fantastic, very clean great friendly staff and the food is brilliant. A different cuisine every night and all catered for, even something simple for the kids if they dont want to try the good stuff. Located at the bottom of the hill at first it semed like a right pain, however your away from all the hustle of the bars etc. The hotel very kindly run a shuttle up to the bars etc around 8:30pm which was great, its only around a 10min walk back down the hill. First thing in the morning getting up the hill was ideal as the location means your first hotel to get on what can be a very busy bus. would recommend this to anyone and I am already looking into next year and returning.

Co Kerry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just returned from a ski trip to Andorra, and stayed in the Palarine, everything was as expected after
reading the reviews here.food excellent and plenty of it, I must admit to being a bit 'piggy' when loading my plate, but a did not waste a scrap! the staff are all very friendly...which brings me to my point of 'just one thing' having lived with the no smoking ban here in Ireland for a few years now,
I am obviously used to not having to put up with people smoking aroung me in a bar. The first night
at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised to see people 'popping' outside for a quick puff, because that's what they do at home now out of habit. the staff, as I said, being friendly, told a couple of smokers they didn't need to stand outside but could smoke in the bar, so consequently we end up with every smoker puffing away in the bar area. OK if thems the rules in Andorra, but yet again NO thoughts for the NON smokers! if the smokers were prepared to go outside for a quick fag, then let them do it, don't encourage them inside! Apart from that great place.

Room Tip: some people have mentioned about booking a room at the rear because of road noise at the front, wel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My family and I have just returned from a weeks skiing staying at the Hotel Palarine. What can I say excellent feed throughout the week, friendly staff who can not do enough for guests and superb value. Would I recommend or use the hotel again? absolutely one of the few hotels I would have no fear in recommending to friends and family.

Room Tip: The rea of the hotel is quietier than the front due to the road.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I originally booked a holiday in Andorra staying at the Hotel Palarine for just my wife and my self in an attempt to re introduce my wife to skiing. The reviews were good on the resort and the hotel. When I told my sister about the trip she with her husband and kids decided to join us.
It was at about this time I thought this could be tricky !! a party of 3 vegetarians 2 of whom had to eat glutin free and 1 tea total zero alc' beer drinker.
Well we arrived on January 22nd 2012 for the week and had a fantastic weeks skiing with my wife grinning from ear to ear every day thanks to the 1st class one to one lessons she had and the rest of the group had their own particular level more than satisfied.
The icing on the cake really was the fabulous Hotel Palarine though. They jumped though hoops 24 / 7 for us and all of their guests. Even the glutin free, veggie, zero Alc Beer fussy ones.
We'll certainly be booking our next ski trip at the Palarine and also adding more family members to our group.
BIG THANK YOU HOTEL PALARINE

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Hi, I don't normally write reviews but thought I ought too for two reasons. Firstly the hotel is excellent. Food, hospitality and facilities are great. Secondly I've seen the one bad review added by some stuck up folks. Not sure what their problem is but please ignore their review.

I stayed at the Palarine last March and considering the cost it really was fantasitic. The owners were very helpful and ferried all 15 of us into town. The rooms were good and the themed buffets and breakfasts are just what you need before and after a hard days skiing.

There are 20 of us going back this year so I'm sure that alone confirms what we think.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Chatham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Visited here in February 2012 for the first time in several years of trips to Andorra and tried the Chinese buffet. It was a welcome change from the local fare which although is quite good we wanted a change. The buffet was a wonderful break and it was plentiful and quite good. We understood that there are other themed buffets such as Italian Night and Sunday roasts which alternate between traditional British and Chinese from week to week. Based on the experience with the Chinese buffet we will definitely try the other offerings. After dinner there is a nice fire in the lounge and it is a great place for that after dinner coffee and brandy. You can skip the brandy, but it you have the time the Palarine is a good place for a reasonably priced meal. We would return without hestitation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Palarine? Share your experiences!