“Comfortable, friendly and well maintained” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mahon's Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mahon's Hotel to your Saves list
Mahon's Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-10 Enniskillen Road, Irvinestown BT94 1GS, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Irvinestown
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable, friendly and well maintained”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a family-run hotel with a lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. Unlike some family hotels, which are lacking investment and good maintenance, this hotel was well maintained and reflected good recent investment. The bed was excellent, the room clean, spacious and quiet, the dining area attractive. I stayed for three nights.
I wouldn't look elsewhere if returning to northern Fermanagh.

Room Tip: Room 101, although facing the street, was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on business for one night.I arrived around 8pm after a busy day and was met by a warm welcome from Joyce.Joyce was very friendly and arranged for my dinner to be served in my room which was great as I travel on my own I prefer to eat in my room.The food I would describe as non fussy country fare which I personally love , lovely food and ample portions.The breakfast was also the best I have had with quality ingredients and served with a smile.The room I had was large clean with the biggest bed I have seen in a hotel.if I return to the area again I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed in Mahon's Hotel this week for a short stay,I must say from the moment I walked into the hotel I was made feel welcome.
This is a family run hotel and it shows with the atmosphere created.
My room was clean and tidy and great for my short stay.
I stayed for bed and breakfast and evening meal,the food was of a excellent standard and a good choice on the menu. ample portions
Breakfast was also excellent cereal and a full hot breakfast was great.
Overall i would recommend this hotel for a short break or a longer stay by single persons or a family break. Also the overall price of drinks is priced very reasonable not normal Hotel prices are charged.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a result of a previous stay at the hotel with a Classic Car Club when we asked our members to pick a spot for our annual weekend trip this year everyone suggested a return to Mahons as we had a memorable stay here two years ago.

I thought that if we returned to a hotel we had used previously we might be taking a bit of a change as it may not live up to our previous experience but these doubts were quickly dispelled.

From the minute we booked into the Hotel Joe and the staff as usual proved to be very helpful and only too pleased to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

On our last vist my wife and I missed out on Joe performing a few songs but this year we were determined to stay up and wait for his performance and although it was in the early hours of the morning Joe kept his promise and put on a very entertaining show.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the food both at breakfast and in the evening was excellent.

I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a friendly and efficient hotel and I know that we will be using it again in years to come.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent bank holiday weekend in hotel, group of 30. Food, accommodation and entertainment was great. Great music and craic in bar both nights. Joe who owns hotel is a great entertainer. As the saying his there is no show like a Joe Show.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WESTMIDS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I have enjoyed staying at Mahons for longer than I care to remember, this year we fished the loughs in and around Enniskillen and Lisnaskea as always mixed days and the one that got away, not so however, with the hotel the hospitality, facilities,quality of food (both breakfast and evening meals) in the restaurant were excellent. Above all the hospitality and quality of staff at this hotel can only be described as legendary. If you fancy experiencing Fermanagh at its finest for a weekend or longer then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing are situated over the restaurant so at weekends are not subject to sounds...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've an interesting comparison to make since I stayed on the previous night at the seemingly (much) more prestigious hotel a few miles up the road since I'd been unable to get a reservation a Mahon's for the Saturday night. But I wanted to be in Irvinestown so, on the Sunday, I shuffled down from the other place...

I've been here before and have spent many evenings drinking in Mahon's - but I've never stayed. I know they can do a good night out but it worked well as a hotel in which to sleep and I'll be back. The welcome was good, the room huge, and the breakfast as good as anything I had at the posh big brother up the road. (Less choice on the breakfast table - admittedly - but the full cooked Irish was fab.) And it was half the price. It all depends what you want and on Sunday night I didn't want a view of the lake - so I was happy. Great place.

Room Tip: I guess I may ask for rooms away from the road in future but I wasn't really disturbed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Mahon's Hotel? Share your experiences!