“A week to remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mahon's Hotel

You added Mahon's Hotel to your Saves list
Mahon's Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-10 Enniskillen Road, Irvinestown BT94 1GS, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvinestown
WESTMIDS
“A week to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I have enjoyed staying at Mahons for longer than I care to remember, this year we fished the loughs in and around Enniskillen and Lisnaskea as always mixed days and the one that got away, not so however, with the hotel the hospitality, facilities,quality of food (both breakfast and evening meals) in the restaurant were excellent. Above all the hospitality and quality of staff at this hotel can only be described as legendary. If you fancy experiencing Fermanagh at its finest for a weekend or longer then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing are situated over the restaurant so at weekends are not subject to sounds...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've an interesting comparison to make since I stayed on the previous night at the seemingly (much) more prestigious hotel a few miles up the road since I'd been unable to get a reservation a Mahon's for the Saturday night. But I wanted to be in Irvinestown so, on the Sunday, I shuffled down from the other place...

I've been here before and have spent many evenings drinking in Mahon's - but I've never stayed. I know they can do a good night out but it worked well as a hotel in which to sleep and I'll be back. The welcome was good, the room huge, and the breakfast as good as anything I had at the posh big brother up the road. (Less choice on the breakfast table - admittedly - but the full cooked Irish was fab.) And it was half the price. It all depends what you want and on Sunday night I didn't want a view of the lake - so I was happy. Great place.

Room Tip: I guess I may ask for rooms away from the road in future but I wasn't really disturbed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in February with my partner. Room was lovely, very clean and bed really comfortable. Food was delicious and staff were very helpful and friendly. We are going back again at the end of May. Looking forward to it.

• Stayed February 2013
Carrickfergus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I had three nights recently at Mahon's and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is the second time we have stayed in the past few months having enjoyed our first visit immensely.
On both occasions our bedroom was spacious, spotless and warm with all the facilities one would expect.
The Staff are very friendly and helpful and always willing to have a chat.
The food was of a high standard with more than adaquate helpings served in a very pleasant Dining Room.
Altogether a most enjoyable stay and hopefully we shall be able to return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

An old hotel in need of some TLC as it is quite shabby in places. The car park is an awkward shape and is unsurfaced. The room was basic and the bathroom had nowhere to set anything. Fixed head showerbath worked OK. Noisy plumbing travelled between rooms. Large bed, quite hard but comfy enough. TV didn't work. Breakfast OK but guests like to be able to make their own toast these days. On the plus side, staff were friendly and helpful and provided a decent light lunch for a good price. Lively band in the bar on Saturday night - maybe noisy if your room is above? It kept going till about 1am.
This hotel would be Ok for about £35-£40 a night but at £62 it just can't compete with modern chains like Premier Inn

Room Tip: Check you are paying for the room and not per person.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
LISBURN N. IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have now visited this hotel for three weekends to celebrate St Patricks Day and i can honestly say we loved every minute of our stays. Where do i start. STAFF the most helpful and pleasant people you could ever wish to meet and that includes the owner who never stops seeing to your every need.
FOOD Great food served in large portions in a very clean and friendly environment.
ROOMS Clean spacious lots of warm water comfortable beds tea / coffee TV no complaints at all.
DRINK / ENTERTAINMENT One word OUTSTANDING.
A big thank you to Joe and all his wonderful staff for looking after us again. See you next year.

Room Tip: Book early or you wont get a room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
carrickfergus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a coach trip for the weekend when we arrived our luggage was carried in by the owner Joe Mahon he also took our order for food that evening our meal was first class and large portions which were great but my wife could not finish hers .Joe took time to chat to myself and other guests during our stay . The staff were all very friendly and made you very welcome . Our double room was very large and warm and a great double bed best nights sleep I ever had in a hotel . At night there was live music provided on both nights of our stay Country And Western both nights not my cup of tea but when in Rome I also liked the check out time12:00 which ment you could lie in have a late breakfast and not be rushing about to check out Over all I would return again .The only negitive point was the potato bread on the first mornings breakfast were not great but were fine at breakfast on the second morning The best place to stay and dine with great craic in Irvinstown

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mahon's Hotel? Share your experiences!