The hotel was an amazing Gem.
ROOMS: beds were large enough, and overall rooms were fairly tidy. A bit outdated but we weren't looking for 5 star quality so fit my expectations. Bathrooms were clean and only had showers (no tub) with a curtain separating you from the toilet. I believe each room had a balcony and definitely expect some bugs bc of its locale.
TRANSPORTATION: I was concerned with some of the reviews that our little car might not make it up the hills on those unpaved roads, but surprisingly did fine. As many others have mentioned, it takes a little bit off the main road to get there, so having your own car is ideal, especially if you plan to do excursions, etc. Buses that pick you up for most activities will charge an additional $80 per person to pick you up, so that would have paid the cost of your rental. But we met some women from the Midwest and they mentioned they have a shuttle that takes people to La Fortuna in the morning and returns in the early afternoon. Another option for those without a rental.
LOCATION/VIEWS: It's far off the beaten path, but the views are Spectacular! because of how remote it is and high in the mountains, the views were amazing! worth the extra time it took to get back to the resort.
STAFF: Awesome. We loved Ana, who was at the front desk. She was extremely accommodating and spoke relatively perfect english to compensate for our terrible spanish. She recommended a few excursions, including the "Sky River Drift" which was right down the street from the hotel. Amazingly fun adventure for just $54 USD. I also liked our bartender Ronny.
FOOD / DRINKS: Food was very good at the restaurant. The breakfast that was included, consisted of just fruits, cereal, Juice, coffee and toast. You can pay extra for Eggs and Ham but if you just need a quick bite, this should suffice.
THINGS TO DO: Don't expect this resort to be popping past 10PM. Bar closes around then, and usually there's no-one else there. You would have to drive into town if you wanted something more exciting. This portion of our vacation was focused on adventures and this place provided that bc it was close to most but like I mentioned, will require a car. We did the Canyoneering (Repelling adventure), Sky Trek (Ziplining), Sky River Drift (Ziplining, Sky Fall, and Tubing) which are all highly recommends. We also stopped at La Fortuna Falls (which was sort of on the way) and visited Tabacon (which was an amazing hot spring with an incredible buffet). There's a free hot spring across from tabacon and about 30 min away from a cool swimming spot the local ticos go to which has a rope swing. Unfortuantely we didn't find out about that till it was too late, but would be must do's the next time we visit.
Overall, loved the hotel and its people. My only complaint was that the office was only open from 7AM-10PM, so if you wanted to check out early, you cant. I would recommend checking out the night before, its a lesson learned, but completely our fault. Would love to come back again, this place was wonderful! And if you do, tell Ana we said hello!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Linda Vista Hotel is located at El Castillo, just 22 km from La Fortuna downtown. A perfect choice for hikes in the Arenal Volcano National Park or activities on Lake Arenal. There is, however, a nice range of amenities located at the hotel for those that would rather stay put. Guests will enjoy lounging within the hotel's unique three-tiered swimming pool, which affords spectacular views of the volcano, and relaxing jacuzzi. The Loma Linda Restaurant serves up a nice variety of international and national meals, including a large free breakfast every morning. Guests in need of libations can visit the bar, which is stocked with beers, wines, juices, liquors and more. The rooms at Linda Vista are clean and spacious. Tile floors extend to private terraces, where guests can sit and enjoy astounding views of the Arenal Volcano. All rooms are equipped with a private hot water bathroom, ceiling fan, a/c, and coffee maker. Wireless internet helps guests to stay connected to friends and family at home, while an in-room safe ensures that valuables remain secure. The Badilla's would love to share the secrets and beauty of this area with you and your friends or family! General Information Hotel Facilities & Services: Safe deposit box Mini bar Wet bar Swimming pool (for adults & kids) Jacuzzi Restaurant Bar Free WiFi Laundry Service - We accept all Credit Cards Accommodations: All rooms come equipped with a private hot water bathroom, ceiling fan, terrace, coffee maker, safe deposit box, and wireless internet. Standard Room - these rooms have one double and one single bed. They do not have a volcano view and can sleep up to three people. Junior Suites - these suites have two queen size beds, air conditioning, mini bar, hairdryer, satellite TV, and a private parking lot. They have a volcano view and can sleep up to four people. Master Suites - these suites have two queen size beds, air conditioning, mini fridge, hairdryer, private terrace, coffee maker, satellite TV, bathrobes, and an iron. They have a volcano view and can sleep up to four people. Honeymoon Suite - this suite has one queen size bed, air conditioning, mini fridge, bathtub, hairdryer, coffee maker, private terrace, satellite TV, PC station, and a private parking lot. It has a volcano view and can sleep up to two people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Linda Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linda Vista Del Norte Hotel
- Hotel Linda Vista Del Norte