“Great weekend love!!!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel to your Saves list
LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Urbanizacion Maneiro | Playa el Agua, Playa el Agua, Margarita Island 6316, Venezuela   |
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Playa el Agua
Miami, Florida
“Great weekend love!!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was with my husband at the Hotel and we enjoyed the beach. The food was very good. It was my honeymoon #25. The hotel is wonderful for family and love. We were at de Sambil mall for shopping. We ate a very good food and very cheap. All the retail stores are excelent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the great review on our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon. Playa el Agua is such a beautiful place that offers guests a tranquil environment for relaxation and romance. If you ever have another honeymoon, we would love to have you back again.

We noticed that you gave us a 3 star rating. Is there anything that you could suggest for us to do to make our guest experience 5 stars?

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was very impressed by this new hotel. The clean modern design makes you feel like you are in a very posh hotel but with out the attitude. It's a beautiful place to visit with amazing views. I spend most of the time in the pool because it was very relaxing. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mr. Healy,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel.

We would like to mention to our potential guests that the seaside pool area also offers a snack bar with lite fare along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day so guests do not have to return to their guestrooms or the main restaurant to eat. It's also a beautiful place to sit in the evenings.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We took a cab from the airport to the hotel (quite a schlepp) and were pleased to see the gleaming white Agua Dorada. The location - although not right for us - is perfect if you want to laze by the beach and have a car to get around. We didn't.

The hotel is on a very narrow piece of land. That means it goes way back and your room may be a fair old walk from reception. A buggy is available most of the time to help with luggage etc. The common areas and pool are lovely. A real sun-trap if that's your thing. The rooms are a nice size and decorated nicely. The bathrooms - although clean etc. are quite old and I understand the hotel remained unused for a number of years until Lidhotel took it over. The rooms face some wasteland which attracts some rather ferocious mosquitoes. I don't normally get bitten in Venezuela but these buggers had a welcome party awaiting my arrival.

The hotel is directly across the road from the beach which is relatively clean and has a number of loungers for hotel guests. No complaints at all, very nice. The area in general suffers from a fair bit of rubbish fly-tipping which is a shame. Much of Margarita has suffered since the bloke in red came along and Playa el Agua hasn't escaped this. I've seen some big changes (for the worse) in the 15 years or so I've been visiting MI. But it is still worth a punt.

The restaurant in the hotel is OK, the staff really make it special. Every one of the hotel staff gave great service and had a smile for us. This is what makes the Agua Dorada stand out. Well done.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ZippyLondon,

What a fantastic review and we could not have said it better ourselves. Thank you taking the time out of your busy day to write this review. It was very informative and representative of what guests are to expect upon arrival. Yes, the hotel is off the beaten path and like you said, is a perfect place for sun worshipers that are not looking for the typical same old all-inclusive hotels in Margarita Island. Mosquitoes were advised of your arrival and they were given your room number... :) Most of the time the mosquitoes are not bad at all. During the rainy season, they like to appear out of nowhere but do not last for long.

Come back soon!
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I made reservations in April to stay during the first week of July. At the end of June we received an email informing us that due to the several events going on in the area, the hotel would be out of order from July 5 to July 8. I was annoyed to say the least considering that no one cared to inform me of this when I made the reservations before taking my money.

We were then told that our two options were to either change our reservation dates or stay at their other hotel which is nowhere near the beach. I opted to cancel the reservations as I felt like they should have told me that before taking my money back in April. I emailed them immediately to inform them that we needed to cancel our reservations and on the same day we received an email back confirming that the reservations had been canceled, but no money was put back on our account. I then get an email informing me that they needed my bank info, preferably for a bank in Venezuela. Really??? I don't live in Venezuela and I easily transferred money within 24 hours to your account so why can't you just transfer it back?

After plenty of emails someone finally emailed me back to inform me that there was an "administrative process" underway and as soon as that was resolved we would be getting the money. Another week passed and so I emailed someone again, but no response. At this point I was in tears because we were less than one week away from our trip and we still needed to reserve a room at another hotel and needed the money to do so. Since my emails were not being answered, I had to go out and buy a calling card to call these people only to be told that they could not give me a refund because I was in the U.S. and I NEEDED a Venezuelan bank account. wth?????!!!! when was someone going to tell me that? why the hell would you take my US dollars when you don't have a way of returning them? I was so undone at this point that I was able to get a hold of a distant family member who happens to live in Venezuela and he gave me his account info and scanned his id for the refund to take place. I then receive an email from them telling me that it's going to take another 15 -20 days for the refund. WHAT?? I have to travel in two days! I was completely livid. We had to borrow money to make reservations somewhere else. what a disaster!

I guess they have gotten too big to deal with small administrative issues. I have always heard that this was a sophisticated line of hotels, but I see that the one at agua dorada is surely an exception. If you are coming from out of the country and you do not have a Venezuelan account, don't bother coming here..

Room Tip: Make sure you have a Venezuelan account in case of refund or cancellation!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with your reservation at the Lidotel Agua Dorada Beach Hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance therefore we would like to clarify a few important items mentioned in your review.

Margarita Island is an international destination and accepts reservations from foreign nationals all over the world. Due to the currency control in Venezuela, all foreign national reservations (non-Venezuelan) are prepaid in US Dollars to avoid any issues with exchange rates/transaction fees charged by the credit card companies and banks. This has been the procedure for many years in Venezuela and the majority of the major hotels and resorts require prepayment of reservations if paying in the non-local currency. The exception to this rule are guests who would like to pay the hotel directly in the local currency, Bolivares Fuertes, at the time of check-in. In this case, cash is only accepted.

Refunds are generally handled at the time of cancellation/notice. Under any circumstances do we ask for our guests credit card information over the phone/e-mail and require all transactions to be processed online or through a travel agent. The safety and security of our guests information is extremely important to us, therefore our staff will never ask you for this information directly.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. Plesae let us know if you require further assistance with this matter.
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Agua Dorada last weekend with my wife and my 3 months baby. We had a great time! We went to Agua Dorada because we wanted to try something new and because is located at the beach. Service was very good and the food was amazing. It was the first time for my baby to see and swim in the ocean and I was surprised with the clear waters of Playa el Agua. I realized during my stay that Lidotel, one of the best hotel chain in Venezuela, operates it. I can't believe I was so lucky to picked this Hotel out of so many Hotels in the area...
I will definitely come back! But next time with my friends!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!