“what a disaster!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel

You added LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel to your Saves list
LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Urbanizacion Maneiro | Playa el Agua, Playa el Agua, Margarita Island 6316, Venezuela   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Playa el Agua
Yonkers, New York
“what a disaster!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I made reservations in April to stay during the first week of July. At the end of June we received an email informing us that due to the several events going on in the area, the hotel would be out of order from July 5 to July 8. I was annoyed to say the least considering that no one cared to inform me of this when I made the reservations before taking my money.

We were then told that our two options were to either change our reservation dates or stay at their other hotel which is nowhere near the beach. I opted to cancel the reservations as I felt like they should have told me that before taking my money back in April. I emailed them immediately to inform them that we needed to cancel our reservations and on the same day we received an email back confirming that the reservations had been canceled, but no money was put back on our account. I then get an email informing me that they needed my bank info, preferably for a bank in Venezuela. Really??? I don't live in Venezuela and I easily transferred money within 24 hours to your account so why can't you just transfer it back?

After plenty of emails someone finally emailed me back to inform me that there was an "administrative process" underway and as soon as that was resolved we would be getting the money. Another week passed and so I emailed someone again, but no response. At this point I was in tears because we were less than one week away from our trip and we still needed to reserve a room at another hotel and needed the money to do so. Since my emails were not being answered, I had to go out and buy a calling card to call these people only to be told that they could not give me a refund because I was in the U.S. and I NEEDED a Venezuelan bank account. wth?????!!!! when was someone going to tell me that? why the hell would you take my US dollars when you don't have a way of returning them? I was so undone at this point that I was able to get a hold of a distant family member who happens to live in Venezuela and he gave me his account info and scanned his id for the refund to take place. I then receive an email from them telling me that it's going to take another 15 -20 days for the refund. WHAT?? I have to travel in two days! I was completely livid. We had to borrow money to make reservations somewhere else. what a disaster!

I guess they have gotten too big to deal with small administrative issues. I have always heard that this was a sophisticated line of hotels, but I see that the one at agua dorada is surely an exception. If you are coming from out of the country and you do not have a Venezuelan account, don't bother coming here..

Room Tip: Make sure you have a Venezuelan account in case of refund or cancellation!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with your reservation at the Lidotel Agua Dorada Beach Hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance therefore we would like to clarify a few important items mentioned in your review.

Margarita Island is an international destination and accepts reservations from foreign nationals all over the world. Due to the currency control in Venezuela, all foreign national reservations (non-Venezuelan) are prepaid in US Dollars to avoid any issues with exchange rates/transaction fees charged by the credit card companies and banks. This has been the procedure for many years in Venezuela and the majority of the major hotels and resorts require prepayment of reservations if paying in the non-local currency. The exception to this rule are guests who would like to pay the hotel directly in the local currency, Bolivares Fuertes, at the time of check-in. In this case, cash is only accepted.

Refunds are generally handled at the time of cancellation/notice. Under any circumstances do we ask for our guests credit card information over the phone/e-mail and require all transactions to be processed online or through a travel agent. The safety and security of our guests information is extremely important to us, therefore our staff will never ask you for this information directly.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. Plesae let us know if you require further assistance with this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Agua Dorada last weekend with my wife and my 3 months baby. We had a great time! We went to Agua Dorada because we wanted to try something new and because is located at the beach. Service was very good and the food was amazing. It was the first time for my baby to see and swim in the ocean and I was surprised with the clear waters of Playa el Agua. I realized during my stay that Lidotel, one of the best hotel chain in Venezuela, operates it. I can't believe I was so lucky to picked this Hotel out of so many Hotels in the area...
I will definitely come back! But next time with my friends!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel

Address: Urbanizacion Maneiro | Playa el Agua, Playa el Agua, Margarita Island 6316, Venezuela
Location: Venezuela > Insular Region > Coastal Islands > Margarita Island > Playa el Agua
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Playa el Agua
Hotel Class:3 star — LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel 3*
Situated along Margarita Island's magnificent northeastern coast, Playa el Agua, the newest addition to our family of 5-star luxury boutique hotels – Lidotel Agua Dorada Beach Hotel – is a tranquil beach haven nestled upon the shores of the Caribbean Sea. The hotel is conveniently located 25km from the main city of Porlamar and 35km from the Porlamar International Airport (PMV).Offering the same amenities as larger resorts in the area, our modestly-sized property allows us to provide our guests with an exceptional level of personalized service not easily found at our other hotels or resorts in the area. Our safe and secure environment provides travelers with a completely harmonious experience within a tropical setting.Find your inner self as you take a siesta on one of our beachside relaxation beds or leave your footprints-in-the-sand along the pristine shoreline as you walk for miles in pure bliss. If you are a traveler that likes adventure, our beachfront location also allows for a variety of motorized and non-motorized water sports and activities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel Margarita Island/Playa El Agua, Venezuela

If you own or manage LIDOTEL Agua Dorada Beach Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.