“Perfect getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Altos de Eros

and 1 more site!
You added Los Altos de Eros to your Saves list
Los Altos de Eros
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spa de Eros, Canafistula, Playa Avellanas, Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Playa Avellanas
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Perfect getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Whether it be the personal attention and service assured by seasoned tenured staff led by GM Tatiana, or the delightful culinary prowess provided by Chef Andrea or the blissful, tranquil setting and spa services of LADE, you are sure to have a memorable experience worthy of repeating. My wife and I and our two children recently moved to CR full-time, so we are accustomed to Paradise, what however is less common is the well earned Five Star Service quietly and consistently executed by all of the staff at LADE. In my opinion, service starts at the top, and what Calvin (the owner) has cultivated is nothing less than a study in service joyfully implemented to the last detail and the seemingly lowest position. A job well done! We intend to visit often. Many of the GM's at larger "Five- Star" Resorts should they themselves book a stay at LADE, even if they don't take any of the lessons back with them they are sure to enjoy their stay!

Room Tip: There are only six rooms, book early, book often.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I went with one of her friends and we had a fantastic time. It is something I will never forget and I will do again very soon! I would recommend the chocolate body scrub. It smelled and felt so good. It was intoxicating. The views were breathtaking. The staff werected very friendly. There was only one negative thing I could say about my experience, the road to get there is horrible. With that being said it was the best!

• Stayed July 2014
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This review is overdue. I just returned from a terrible hotel stay in LA, and it reminded me to be grateful for all of the wonderful places that I have stayed, this being on the very top of my list.

Because it has been awhile, I am going to make this short and sweet. We stayed at Los Altos de Eros for my 40th birthday. There are 5 suites and with our friends, we had 4 of them. It's like staying at a posh private villa. The staff is so personable and caters to your every need/want before you even know what you need/want. The food is great. The rooms are so romantic and authentic. The pool is serene and beautiful. The spa is amazing - outside in the middle of the rainforest. I was kind of afraid a howler monkey was going to join me.

I can't wait to go back. It was over the top perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Not going to go into any detail, but this place is simply amazing. Incredible service, amenities, atmosphere, food, and staff. Aside from the size of the rooms, there's not a thing I would change. Enjoy relaxing, the views, and meeting new friends over some great food and adult beverages. Maybe a complimentary Cohiba too.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the end King units. The patios out front of these two rooms are more private.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We just spent 2 nights at LADE and had an unforgettable experience. The best way to describe this resort to someone is to picture yourself staying in someone's fancy guest house. Five rooms (and one detached room) surround a pool and central courtyard with a kitchen/dining room/living room. The view and sunset are out of this world. You get to meet lots of the local wildlife including monkeys in trees! Step down a level and enter the spa, overlooking the same amazing view.

Breakfast and lunch are included, and we stayed on for dinner too. Chef Andrea made wonderful gourmet meals using the freshest ingredients (meat/fish/fruit). The kitchen staff prepared some of the most refreshing smoothies I have ever had too!

Our time at LADE was quiet and relaxing. We did not leave the property for any activities except to do the challenging 5K walk around neighboring hills. We were away from the hustle and bustle of every day life and of lots of other tourists. It was a wonderful way to clear our minds and be still.

LADE is a special place. It has lots of charm and elegance without being pretentious.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard about this place from friends, but thought there was no way I could afford this luxury. I live here, and when my sister came for her first visit, I mentioned it to her. She said she would take me for my birthday. We did the all day spa package, which includes three services. We chose 1 1/2 hour massage, facial and body wrap. Although I do have my own car here we opted for he pickup and drop off service. They arrived promptly at 9:15. We brought our own mimosa for the ride. Lovely 15 minute drive to the hotel with a super nice driver.

When we arrived, we were escorted through the hotel to the spa. It was lovely. We were set up in their open jacuzzi room with lounge chairs. We each met our personal attendant for the day. Mine was Grace. She was awesome. It was nice to have one person do all your treatments and have it all done in one room so you could safely leave all your things in there.

I started with the volcanic mud body wrap, which was heavenly. Almost like a scrub, a massage and a wrap all in one. I almost fell asleep while waiting for the wrap to cure. Then off to the lovely shower. We had some wine and water while they cleaned up our rooms, and sat and enjoyed the lush ocean view. Next I had one of the best massages ever. I was worried that maybe it would be unprofessional al or weak, but to the contrary, it was amazing, and I'm a massage therapist. Grace was strong and smooth and found I'll my tough spots and worked them. It was awesome. She even did stomach and face, which you can't always get. She was obviously well trained. Massage was followed by a red clay facial, which was awesome. The only part missing from the facial were the extractions you normally get with a facial in the states.

They timed my sister and I so we were together every time we were done with a service. Lunch was fresh ceviche, tuna and vegetable kabobs, pasta salad, caprese kabobs and a fruit smoothie and all the wine we could drink. The setting was amazing. They even did a birthday cake for a family who was also there.

All this for $250 a person - definitely worth it, and I hear they have even better deals in the off season. I am definitely going back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Open-aired, lush surroundings, breezes flowing in the mountains overlooking Tamarido Beach...that is how I got a massage today. A friend of mine gifted me a day at LADE, the spa at Los Altos de Eros, for my birthday. I would have never known it even existed-it is so tucked away in the trees. It is beautifully and tastefully done...allowing nature to do the talking. The staff is highly trained and their technique is impeccable. By far the best massage I have ever had. (I hesitate to say that and raise your expectations too high, but we all agreed that it was amazing.) She healed some ailments that I have had for months without me even telling her they were there. The package we had was for 3 treatments, lunch and drinks and snacks. (It included wine, but I didn't partake.) The lunch was delicious...fresh ceviche, tomato and mozzarella salad, chicken and beef shish kabobs, and freshly squeezed juices. I had the hour and a half massage, the oatmeal facial and the chocolate body scrub (a little more tribal than I expected but man, my skin was smooth!) It rained a little during my facial which was heavenly as the room was open to the jungle covered by a thatched roof. We were there from 9:30 am (transport available from Tamarindo) until almost 3pm. It was a lot for the money. They staff was so professional and relaxed at the same time. They let us spend as much time as we wanted lounging in our robes on the chaise lounges and basking in our good fortune. We left that day feeling so fresh, smooth, light, content and peaceful. I highly recommend it if you are wanting to unwind or connect with nature in a unique way. You can either stay at the boutique hotel or just spend the day.

Room Tip: I can't comment on the rooms as I only was there for a day trip.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Los Altos de Eros? Share your experiences!