The resort is a bit off the beaten path on the Pacific coast. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The food is excellent and the service outstanding. The pool is great but if you expect to swim in the ocean, forget it. It's pretty rocky and very unsafe. I'm a pretty good swimmer, spent years as a lifeguard and wouldn't try going for a swim there. We didn't bother with Tamarindo as all of our needs were met at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buttressed against three miles of pristine shoreline within the Guanacaste province in northwest Costa Rica on the Pacific Ocean, Hacienda Pinilla is a 4.500-acre luxury beach resort and gated residential community situated within a dry tropical forest and a vast wildlife refuge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Posada at Hacienda Pinilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Pinilla Santa Cruz
- La Posada At Hacienda Pinilla Costa Rica/Playa Avellanas