Just finished up a week at JW Marriott in Guanacaste - what an experience! Everything was first rate - including the staff. Very attentive. I travel on business about 120 days out of the year and have to say this resort was the best I have stayed at - anywhere.
Heartily recommend having a four wheel drive vehicle for the trip - cannot imagine not renting a car when staying in Costa Rica - much less this resort (which is nicely secluded). The 2 mile stretch of dirt road leading to the resort is interesting - but I can't believe the number of people mentioning it - it really is nothing to worry about - some of the streets in bigger US cities are worse!
Also strongly recommend spending time in Tamarindo. Best restaurant we found (and we went twice) is "El Coconut" in Tamarindo. Food is exceptional, ambience is outstanding, and the place is run by Katharina who looks like a model and is extremely interesting! Can't beat El Coconut - on the main drag in Tamarindo. Also can recommend "Eat at Joe's" and "Nibbanna" both in Tamarindo.
Breakfast buffet at JW is excellent as well - ended up doing a brunch type thing with the buffet - then just eating a later dinner - food was great and you are so active during the day I actually lost weight on this vacation! A first for me!
Anyway - really loved the resort, Costa Rica, and the whole experience. Already planning our Spring Break 2011 return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live an authentic Costa Rican experience in a luxury hacienda style resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline minutes from the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course and Tamarindo village. The JW Marriott Guanacaste is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican rich biodiversity; with a choice of 5 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding, white water rafting, kayaking, and ATV tours can be arranged on site. You can also arrange tours to nearby locations such as Arenal Volcano, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and National Park or Guachipelin thermal hot springs. Enjoy surf beaches with excellent year-round waves and warm water, visit turtle nesting beaches or observe a great variety of wildlife. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails and a Kids Club with professional care. You can also relax in our spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars. Among these options enjoy a romantic dinner right on the beach at Azul Grill our beach front restaurant or visit Tamarine where you can enjoy Asian fusion cuisine. Indulge yourself with a genuine Guanacastecan style meal at Sabanero Steakhouse or relax and admire a spectacular sunset at Nau Lounge and Bar, while you enjoy hand crafted cocktails and a variety of Sushi. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs, sound proof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses and fine linens, rich woods, and marble bathtubs. The village of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Playa Avellanas