I really can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is top notch. From checking in, baggage, maid service, everything. This place is really great. The property is still fairly new, only a few years old and is very, very clean. Everyone there works really hard to maintain the property and the sense of pride really shows. There was always some one sweeping, cleaning, dusting, etc. The staff really make the property a wonderful place to visit. Our bellhop, Carlos, was quite charming. We flew Copa Air and they lost 7 people's luggage. We waited for 3-4 days for our luggage and every time he saw us, he gave us an update on the the status. He really truly made us feel like he cared about our trip. We rented a car and each and every time we pulled in, they would race to open the doors. You get what you pay for at this property. The beach was gorgeous. There is an area to swim and the sandy beach is clean. Not to mention, a very short walk away is a very beautiful beach with less rocks. I was concerned about the other reviews of the beach, but it's nothing to worry about. The pool was so clean, the towels easy to get to. Roberto was our pool guy. Very friendly. We travel a lot and most often find, if its not on the menu then you can't get it. But Roberto knows customer service. If we asked for something, he got it for us. I mean, after all, that's what you are paying for. It's not an inexpensive resort and they run this place the way it should be run. I never met the manager but kudos to him for hiring the right people and putting customer service first. I did not waste one moment chasing luggage, towels, food or anything. They do it all for you. The staff always was smiling, helpful and really made our family feel like we were on a vacation. I don't remember all of the names of the people who work there, but I can say, they were all wonderful to us. Kudos, JW. Kudos. Now, head on down to Los Suenos Marriott and teach them a little about customer service, honesty, and how to keep the property maintained.
We split our time in Costa Rica bw the JW and Marriott Los Suenos. I wish I wouldn't have burned my money or time in the latter of the 2. Los Suenos, you have a looong way to go before you can compete with the JW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live an authentic Costa Rican experience in a luxury hacienda style resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline minutes from the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course and Tamarindo village. The JW Marriott Guanacaste is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican rich biodiversity; with a choice of 5 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding, white water rafting, kayaking, and ATV tours can be arranged on site. You can also arrange tours to nearby locations such as Arenal Volcano, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and National Park or Guachipelin thermal hot springs. Enjoy surf beaches with excellent year-round waves and warm water, visit turtle nesting beaches or observe a great variety of wildlife. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails and a Kids Club with professional care. You can also relax in our spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars. Among these options enjoy a romantic dinner right on the beach at Azul Grill our beach front restaurant or visit Tamarine where you can enjoy Asian fusion cuisine. Indulge yourself with a genuine Guanacastecan style meal at Sabanero Steakhouse or relax and admire a spectacular sunset at Nau Lounge and Bar, while you enjoy hand crafted cocktails and a variety of Sushi. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs, sound proof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses and fine linens, rich woods, and marble bathtubs. The village of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Playa Avellanas