““Fab!!” lisa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Liapades
norfolk england
““Fab!!” lisa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place is great! The rooms are big and very clean. The hotel have good food on the buffet and you have also a lot of choices. The staff at the hotel is great, so friendly and brilliant service. Don’t miss to hire a boat, there a lot beaches that you can visit around the area of Elly Beach. One night of Greek entertainment which was brilliant, food and the staff and a Greek dance group make the night! Are definitely going back as made friends with the staff and still keep in touch! They do a grand job. I have already booked for next summer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
chelsea england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

on the 15th of july me and my boyfreind went on holiday to corfu for the frist time together and we stayed in liapades at the hotel elly beach hotel we had a bungalow 11 the view from the balcony was of the sea and it was so romantic at night. very night we had dinner at the restaurant and the food on the buffet was delcious. we rented out a boat which you dont need a liscene to ride and we went to the caves and in some private sandy beaches. i can't wait to go again....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked a late deal for the last week in October & can't rate the Elly Beach hotel highly enough as a great value for money holiday.
The location was stunning & our free upgrade to room 14 with fabulous sea view was much appreciated.
The staff were friendly & efficient especially the lovely,helpful Maria on reception who allowed us to use our room until we left at 8p.m with no extra charge.
Food was good. Delicious bread delivered daily, wonderful salads with locally grown olives, the best oranges I've ever tasted & some wonderful cakes.
Fabulous walking country with Paleokastritsa & fascinating villages of Lakones & Lippiades easily accessible to the keen walker. Hilly but good exercise!
Beautiful carpets of cyclamen in the nearby olive groves.
OK, I agree the beds weren't the most comfortable in the world & there was a bit of a problem with hot water but small gripes when so much else about the trip was beyond our expectation.
Would definitely return to this hotel. Thanks Elly Beach for a fantastic away from it all break!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had one week vacation in Corfu, and I stayed in the Elly beach Hotel..
I booked there in the last moment, and I read quickly what others wrote, and i follow my intuition to book in this hotel.
I must say that I enjoyed very much my time there. The hotel is located in a dig area by the beach.
When we arrived we were told by the lady at the reception that the hotel is overbooked. But I was surprised to see that I didn’t feel that at all, there is plenty of space for ever body. At the restaurants I always found a clean table, I never had to wait in line for food.
Things that must be considered:
At the pools and the beach there was plenty of beds,(on the beach are on charge) and the beach is always kept clean and organized, actually every were was kept clean.
At the reception area there is free access to wifi.
The hotel extends on a big space, and you must be sure you didn’t forget anything at the room.
Ones who have unfortunately diabetes, sorry to tell you there is no free sugar desert.
There is a large variety of food, but not a lot of variety for kids.
There is a lot extra charges that I found that them unreasonable, for example lock for the safe cost 3 Euro daily, taking a canoe at the beach coast 12 Euro for an hour.
The hotel is located in Liapades and you can take the public transportation to the city of Corfu or hire a car.
If I was to return I would stay in Elly beach hotel.

Room Tip: pay more for having a sea view room.....the best is the stone house or near to the reception
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

i stayed in the hotel this summer and i had a very nice time. One has to think that it is not a luxurious hotel, but it is a budget hotel offering tasteful breakfast, having a nice bar and a restaurant next to a beach with crystal clear waters. staff was friendly and overall we enjoyed our stay. It was really good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We love Greece and in particular Kefalonia. My partner and I are probably the easiest to please when we're on 'holiday', because we just want to relax escape from our lives for a bit. We chose this hotel because of what seemed like a quiet location and also we felt we deserved a "4 star" hotel due to a hard year. I feel like I need a holiday after this trip away unfortunately.
The room was much more basic than we expected, which was fine, but then we realised that things were actually un clean. The shower curtain was very mouldy and the shower head cracked all over. We don't mind a few errors/mistakes, but it really was one thing after another. Our room flooded in inches of water every day. Everything in our room was damp, all the time. The power went off one evening and the 'exit' sign was flashing and beeping. There was no staff at the reception to contact about this and we had to wait till the morning.
As we were both getting ill from all the damp, we asked if we could move rooms- we did and this was not much better. We had no hot water for the rest of the trip. I would like to say there were some redeeming features about this place, but it is really the worst place we have ever stayed. My partner and I are very well travelled and have stayed in some grotty places around the world, but they have always been clean. The view is amazing though.
To sum up this hotel, the breakfast waiter shoulder barged a guest out of the way to help himself to the last egg at breakfast!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just got back from this place and should of took more notice of the previous reviews which were right on most of the problems like cold water all week in the room and very poor food the management just don't seem to care, location alone is not enough to make you want to go to this hotel plenty of better ones round and about

Room Tip: If you are hell bent on going pay extra and go for a sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Elly Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!