“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We really liked this beach. This is a clothing optional beach. 2 Chairs and umbrella was $15.00. A great day. We loved the Kaho restaurant on this beach. Excellent! The while sand is wonderful, the water is wonderful. You will have a great day.

• Polish first
Lenoir, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

A nice beach, however the only people who really have the right to take off their tops all have theirs on and vise versa ha ha ha

Malvern, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Watch Out American Tourists”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been going to Orient Beach since 2005. I usually come to St Maarten about three weeks a year and spend at 5-6 times per visit at this beautiful beach. Well, I will never, ever go there again. Today is November 18, 2012 and my wife, brother and sister in law left there less than 30 minutes ago (we are all in our mid fifties). I was driving a rental car (they all have white license plates, front and rear) home to the Dutch side and following two local cars (with yellow license plates) and still within the resort area when I was profiled and a local cop, some huge "muscle" man and his sidekick, both with sidearms, made me pull over and submit to a breathalyzer test to determine my BAC level. His attitude was as I have come to expect from the French in general. Fortunately for me, I blew a .05, the legal limit for the French is 1.35 according to this clown. He was not satisfied with the results and I was made to blow into the unit two more times. I was let go, but I must say that it was a most intimidating experience in front of my guests. Other cars with yellow tags were allowed to pass and the only other car pulled over was one with white tags. I will never go back, and I suggest that unless you are a teetotaler DO NOT EVER GO THERE.
John S, Malvern, Pa.

Fort William, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Decidedly average....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

had read lots about this beach but from the moment we arrived it was awful.... pushy vendors and a poor atmosphere...
we had met some people at one of the other beaches we had been to and they felt the same as us - we should have stayed at the other beach!!
the vendors just wouldn't take no for an answer - followed us - tried to make us buy food, drinks, loungers, rent jet skis.... felt really uncomfortable...
a pity because it is a beautiful setting.

Visited October 2012
Red Bluff, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

You can snorkel here just by walking off the beach and into the water. It was beautiful and we enjoyed it.