“great variety of menu, great setting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Orient Bay
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Dans ce cadre privilegie, le RESTAURANT vous offre un horizon sur la baie orientale et l'ile de Tintamarre et Cay Verte avec ses tables dans un jardin tropical toutes faces a la mer...Ici, vous pourrez restaurer ou simplement vous desalterer a l'ombre d'une paillote, le regard perdu devant ce spectacle de pure quietude, les doigts de pieds en eventail sur un transat, berces par un fond de musique.Le cadre y est soigne et discret avec sa deco tout en bois.Dans un environnement de verdure luxuriante.Beach bar / restaurant / massage / boutique / wifi gratuite pour nos clients !
Glen Ridge, NJ
“great variety of menu, great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

only wish it was open for dinner. great salade nicoise, grilled fish, pizza, lobster, we tried alot of different things, as it was the beach restaurant by our hotel Alamanda. Very nice staff. Great beach bar service too.

Visited January 2013

90% Recommend
North Carolina
“Great food on orient beach.. Loved my pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I just love Orient Beach and I love pizza so what could be better than Kakao??? This week I enjoyed la quatre saisons pizza and Chardonnay.. Superb! Tablemates enjoyed salade nicoise and pizza calabrese... also superb! Excellent service, food, and ambiance. Kakao is my favorite spot for a bite and a wine on the beach! Counting the days until my next visit!!

• Visited December 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
“The Best on Orient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spend three weeks every year in St. Maarten, and spend most of our beach days at Kakao on Orient. Not only is the beach staff the best, but the restaurant is also exceptional. When we are there, we generally have our main meal midday, and are usually still stuffed that evening. Their specials are delicious and perfectly prepared; get there on Saturday for the freshest and most flavorful fish ever! Kakao is much more than a beach bar; it is a fine French restaurant that just happens to be located on a beautiful beach.

• Visited December 2012
White Lake, Michigan
“Best pizza on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice lunch on the beach, stop in Kakao! Their calabrese pizza is delicious!! Super thin, but so tasty. My fiancé & I split a Caesar salad & calabrese & we are stuffed! (We've tried the stuffed mussels too, very good!)

Holden, Massachusetts
“Just keep coming back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

First time at Kakao I was alone on a cruise excursion. Ok by me, my friends wanted to shop and since I had previously experienced the joy of Orient though this was a good way to go on my own.

Coming back with my husband ever since.

Why? Service is great! Personable and yet efficient. Facilities are clean. Food is great for a beach restaurant . Snack bar so so.

Mostly it's the staff and feeling of safety. We rent our chairs and leave our towels at lunch to explore grand case or eat at our condo...when we do we think nothing of leaving our towels and beach gear. W come back ans wind down till the beach closes.

We met many other regulars who feel the same way.

Karl, Nicholas, Cedric and Joel are wonderful!

The beach can't be beat and the chairs are comfy and well kept!

Dawn and Jim