My husband and I stayed a 2nd time (2 years in a row) at the Esmeralda Resort on Orient Beach in St. Martin and still consider this resort our #1 go to resort for Fun and Relaxation coupled with wonderful restaurants in the area including the outstanding Astrolabe French Restaurant located within the resort.
We had been communicating with our favorite Manager, Claudie Nannini prior to arriving for select availability of a suite. Upon arrival and went to suite #45 with front view of pool and loved our new home for a week. We found this particular suite to be very clean and maid service was always kind and wonderful.
Claudie the resort manager along with the hotel staffers including one of my favorite front desk person (Leo) once again made our trip memorable simply by always being kind and accommodating our requests. Leo is a front desk celebrity in our eyes, as he is always helpful, mindful of your time and very knowledgeable about where to go on the island for restaurants and adventure.
Claudie Nannini , the on-site manager, is wonderful at communicating with you on-line months in advance to assist you in your reservation. We went through resort directly versus another site since we feel we get perhaps a better deal and personal attention to our requests. Besides, Claudie is wonderful to deal with and very patient and helpful.
OK...enough with bragging on the resort staffers.
Our stay also included having fun at night and visiting other restaurants and bars in the beach area and meeting new friends. We had a blast.....we met so many nice people this second time around and collected emails.....I will try hard to connect with these new friends and see when they will be in St. Martin again. We loved going to Bikini Bar....for happy hour most early evenings to start off our night with a few cocktails and meeting wonderful people.
Coco Beach Bar and Restaurant was always on the ball for our drink demands on the beach. I miss our waiters!!!
OK....That's it....overall experience for 2nd trip was fabulous...cannot wait to go back....yes again for the 3rd time. If you want a very clean and upscale resort with all the amenities of home coupled with a wonderful beach and a great on site restaurant (Astrolabe) then stay at the Esmeralda Resort! Happy Vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort