My husband and I have been to many resorts in our 18 years of being married but the Esmeralda Resort on Orient Beach is one of our favorites! This was our first time vacationing in St. Martin (June 2 - 9th 2012), and it won't be our last! We cannot wait to go back next year and stay at the Esmeralda Resort again!
The staff was very kind as Leo (great guy!), welcomed us and gave us the rundown on the resort. Claudie, the general manager, also upgraded us to the villa next to the presidential suite to help celebrate the fact that I am a breast cancer survivor (thank you soo much!). This was my first tropical trip since battling breast cancer. Leo, Claudie and all the staffers were always accommodating to any requests. The front desk clerks happily helped us with food reservations and transportation (cabs). I hurt my ankle on the 2nd night in St. Martin and Leo (front desk clerk) found a walking cane for me to use to get around. Miss you Leo!
The villa we stayed in was beautiful. There are 4 or 5 rooms to each villa and each Villa has a pool. You also have your own front deck which was great to have coffee on each morning and cocktails each night before going out to dinner. Housekeeping and the maids always made sure the rooms were cleaned everyday and honored any requests we had with additional towels, etc. The TV was great to watch early morning and before going to bed and had a large amount of cable channels to choose from. I hate it when you go to a resort and only a couple of stations are offered. The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable and extremely clean. We heard the hotel went through room renovations and could tell that everything was freshly painted (outside and inside). The bathroom is very nice with new aqua tiles and a beautiful rain shower head. We never had a problem with hot water or water pressure as you might have at other resorts.
The grounds are beautiful and well kept at the Esmeralda Resort! Our pool was clean and maintained by the resort 2 or 3 times a week.
We ate at the Astrolabe restaurant (next to the Esmeralda Resort) a couple of times and can only rave about the fabulous food. We can eat at this restaurant every night....the food was that good.
Coco Beach is the beachfront area that is next to the Esmeralda Resort. Coco Beach is beautiful and you get two chairs and a table or two (requested) with an umbrella. There are waiters that bring you drinks and are very nice and funny! The food at Coco Beach restaurant was very good. I highly recommend eating here (the burgers and pizza were great!).
The beach is beautiful and appears to be in a more relaxed area of Orient Beach. My husband looked forward to walking the entire stretch of Orient Beach everyday and would comment how beautiful Orient Beach is! There are more active areas of Orient Beach but if you want a more relaxed atmosphere stay at Coco Beach! I'm telling you Coco Beach is where you want to be if you want rest and quiet time to enjoy your book! I also think Coco Beach is the prettiest section of Orient Beach!
We have stayed at other resorts (including all inclusive) and this resort is by far our "New Favorite". We cannot wait to go back next year. In fact, we met several couples that told us they have been coming back to this resort for over 17 years. We also met a young couple on their honeymoon (2nd leg of their honeymoon) that stayed in a suite next to our suite, and they said the Esmerala Resort was better than the place they stayed at on their first leg of their honeymoom trip which was a Sandals Resort. This Honeymoon couple were not happy with the Sandals resort but loved the Esmeralda Resort!!! They also said that the food at Astrolabe and Coco Beach was far better than the all inclusive food at Sandals.
If you are on the fence about all inclusive vs. non-all inclusive....we have decided that you still pay the same. Our food and beverage bill came out to be the same if we had paid for all inclusive yet we had top notch food by allowing ourselves to dine at any restaurant on Orient Beach. You also get a Food and Beverage Card when you check into this hotel. This card allows you to go to any restaurant on Orient Beach and have your beverages and food charged to your overall food and beverage invoice at the end of your trip.
Don't believe the 1 or 2 star reviews, as the majority of reviews are 4 and 5 star reviews for the Esmeralda Resort. This resort is great! It has everything you need. Where else can you go and have a clean and comfortable room, a beautiful pool to every Villa, a pretty beach front, a wonderful staff that runs the resort, and a great restaurant on the premises?
Thank you Esmeralda Resort for making my trip fun and memorable! We cannot wait to book you again next year! Miss you already. The "Musso's".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ESMERALDA RESORT, situated on the magnificent white sands of Orient Bay in French St. Martin offers just 65 rooms and suites spread among elegant tropical gardens in 17 villas. Esmeralda is the only four star hotel in St Martin on Orient Beach.Esmeralda's Coco Beach Bar offers beachfront lunch & cocktails. L'Astrolabe, the resort's fine dining restaurant offers French Creole and Continental cuisine. Guests receive dining privileges at 12 + restaurants in Orient Bay. Only minutes to more fine dining,shopping and entertainment. Rooms include a kitchenette, king bed, sitting area and patio. What makes this property so special is it's unique plantation style layout with only four rooms or suites per villa. For privacy, each villa has its own swimming pool and each accommodation has its own private entrance and terrace... Guests may reserve anything from a single superior or deluxe room or a generous sized suite or an entire 3 - 5 bedroom villa. Due to the way this resort in St Martin is situated on the property that is perpendicular to the beach there is limited availability in the two ocean front villas that include the Presidential Suites and deluxe oceanfront rooms. All superior and deluxe rooms include kitchenettes. Suites offer full kitchens and large living rooms. Guests enjoy the peaceful surroundings and a cordial, pampering yet unobtrusive on-site multi-lingual staff prepared to assist with any special needs. Esmeralda offers free use of beach chairs & umbrellas. Each accommodation has a fully equipped kitchenette (suites have fully equipped kitchens including dishwasher), large tile bath with hair dryer plus a 110 outlet for shavers only, color satellite TV, room safe, air conditioning with ceiling fan, daily maid service. All bedrooms have Color TV by satellite (8 channels and video system), telephone, private safe, A/C, ceiling fan, private, furnished terrace, kitchenette with micro wave, electric coffee pot, refrigerator and dishes. SUPERIOR, DELUXE AND OCEANFRONT ROOMS: King or two double beds, kitchenette. Maximum occupancy: 2 people. Superior rooms have garden view and are generally located further from the beach. Deluxe rooms are a bit larger located nearer the pool. Oceanfront rooms are located nearest the beach. SUPERIOR SUITES: Spacious living room and bedroom area with king size four poster bed and full size pull-out sofa bed plus a fully equipped kitchen. Maximum occupancy: 2 adults & 2 children. PRESIDENTIAL SUITES: Large dining and living room area with full size sofa bed, separate master bedroom with king size colonial bed, TV in living room and master bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, radio/cassette/CD player and fully equipped kitchen. Suite is oceanfront. Maximum occupancy: 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Esmeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esmeralda Hotel Orient Bay
- Esmeralda Hotel Marigot
- Esmeralda Resort Marigot
- Esmeralda St Martin
- Esmeralda Resort St Martin
- Renaisance Esmeralda Resort